5 1/2 Month baby routine

Lully2011

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I just want to know what was/is your 5.5month baby routine?

Also what age did you wean your LO? My LO hasnt been weaned yet, I'm leaving it another while as she was 7 weeks premmie, she's still feeding every 3hrs. Before I wean her does she need to be feeding every 4hrs?

When you start out weaning at first it shouldn't replace any milk feeds - it should be just be tastes. this should increase over the weeks.
The advice to wean preemies is 5-7months actual age(not corrected) You can find more information on the Bliss website.
For guidance on weaning I liked the downloadable HIPP.co.uk guide and tailored it to us.

Hiya! Looks like we are in the same boat!

My LO has just fallen into a routine now - although its not regemented and can change!

Typical day is somthing like this: (Although naps can vary from 10 mins to 2 hours!)

6am - Wake Up and 4 oz milk
Play - Rotate between play mat/bouncy chair/jumperoo
(Feeds every 3 hours) and this routine goes up to 5pm.
5pm Bath, take Oliver upstairs to moses basket, give him his snuggly and dummy and asleep by 6/630pm

He wakes for feeds approx midnight then 2/3am (Breastfed at night)

As I said before, naps are al over the shot and he has never slept through.

With regards to weaning, I am waiting until 6 months, and have already prepared and frozen mixes of parsnip/carrot and swede.

With my first I just gave her the food at lunchtime and kept bottles the same until she was on 3 meals and dropped her afternoon bottle!

Im just going to see how it goes and just go from there :flower:

Thanks ladies

At the moment our routine is -
9.30pm feed 6oz then bed
6.30am she doesnt always wake at this time but if she does I feed 6oz then straight back to bed
9.30am feed 5oz
Play
10.45am sleep for 2hrs or so
12.30 feed 5oz
Play
3.30pm feed 5oz
4.00pm sleep
Play
6.30pm feed 5oz
Play
9.30pm feed 6oz and bed

Where I have noted she sleeps this is in her room. Sometimes she may sleep in between the other feeds but it would be only for a few mins at a time as I dont tip toe around the house.

I also wanted to know, how long do you introduce the feeds for, eg breakfast before moving onto lunch? and how do I know when to drop the bottle?

Sorry for more questions, I just want to be prepared :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->