5+2 brown discharge?

MiasMum

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a small amount of brown discharge sorry for tmi girls. Was not in my underwear, only when I wiped..
I called the clinic as this is an ivf pregnancy and im 5+2 today. They said to up my progesterone pessaries from 2 a day to 4 as it my just be a lack of hormone.
She said she would be more worried if the blood was red and if I had pains. I dont.
They cant do anything else till my scan on 23rd. She said lots of women bleed in early pregnancy and usually it turns out to be nothing sinister.
Today I have noticed only a tiny amount of brown discharge, so small I dont think you would see if you were not looking properly.
Im petrified tho and sit here in tears which is not helping I know.
I dont feel any pregnancy symptons either but havent yet anyway.
Im just so upset and scared. Does anyone have any experience of this?

I haven't had ivf but when I had spotting I think i looked up a few dozen threads on here about it and felt much better after reading so many positive experiences. Maybe a thread search for ivf and spotting would make you feel better since that's a little more specific. I wouldn't think it would make a difference but maybe spotting is more common with ivf? Either way it seems quite common with the rest of us pregnant lot and most ladies and their nuggets are just fine! Hugs and will look for your update!:hugs:

Thankyou, have you had spotting?

Yes I got it at 4 weeks and it lasted several days. I actually had one day where the spotting was pinkish red and then it tapered off to brown again. It seems like spotting is very common so hang in there.

Thankyou. Its just so worrying to see it dont you think? Its gonna be so hard waiting for my scan on 23rd.
Did they tell you thae cause of your spotting?

Thankyou. Its just so worrying to see it dont you think? Its gonna be so hard waiting for my scan on 23rd.
Did they tell you thae cause of your spotting?

It is worrying. As soon as I saw it with this pregnancy I assumed the worst again. I was in a bad mood even after it stopped because I was so angry and figured it was either another ectopic or miscarriage. My RE said it was probably implantation bleeding which confused me because I'd actually got my bfp before the spotting?! I don't think there are probably any concrete answers but it does seem to happen a lot. I think the consensus is that as long as there's no pain/cramping with your spotting it's nothing to worry about (even tho we still do).

Thankyou. All I can do is wait until 23rd i guess x

hello hun... just wanted to give you some positivity... at 4 week 6 days I had pink discharge just when I wiped, had a scan at 5 week 1 day and it showed a sac and the bubba with its little fetal pole... the pink discharge stopped after my scan... then 2 days later I had a small gush of watery discharge which was tinted red.. then slighty red when I wiped for the rest of that day... since then iv had nothing else and bubba has a heart beat! blood doesn't always necessarily mean bad... in my case it was a little blood left over from the baby burrowing in which was released by my body.... maybe you could get an early scan to ease your mind... just keep your doc updated babe im sure things will be fine... good luck xxxx

I have early scan booked on 23rd anyway as its an ivf pregnancy. Im so scared though. Today I have had almost none so im trying to be positive.
I also have not had any pregnancy symptoms as yet but everyone keeps telling me 5+2 is too early for symptons anyway.

Hi there! I had brown discharge about 2 weeks ago. I'm 9 weeks now..
Only when I wiped as well, and went away in a couple of days. I had no pain either and while it scared me to death, I think it's normal. My mom reassured me that it happened with us 3 kids.
And, I don't and haven't had many symptoms either. :) Hang in there I know it's tough to relax!

Thankyou for all your kind replies you all make me feel better! This site is so great and everyone so lovely and understanding. Just dont want to get my hopes up to be devastated on 23rd x

Hi there :)

My pregnancies were all natural, but with DD and this pregnancy I had spotting, although mine was more pinkish. One time it was bad enough to need a panty liner. I was on progesterone, which can cause spotting by irritating your cervix:winkwink: The waiting sucks I know; I was referred to an early pregnancy unit for early scans for DD and this one, and even though I only had to wait 7 days or so it just seemed sooooo long!!

I have early scan booked on 23rd anyway as its an ivf pregnancy. Im so scared though. Today I have had almost none so im trying to be positive.
I also have not had any pregnancy symptoms as yet but everyone keeps telling me 5+2 is too early for symptons anyway.

I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms until 6 weeks or so and then they came on strong! Is your office checking your levels in the interim? They usually check the levels even if you don't get a scan to make sure progesterone and hcg is rising appropriately with ivf pregnancies. When I was looking into ivf they informed us that it was standard protocol to prescribe progesterone and check levels post transfer of the embryo. If they are checking your levels you can get some comfort from the hcg doubling and of course progesterone helps with spotting :flower:

At your early gestation, I'd call your doc and ask to have beta hcg levels taken every 48 hours...if your levels are doubling/increasing, then the bleeding is probably nothing to worry about at all.

I got my bfp at 10 dpo this time...and by the night of 11 dpo, I was spotting. I even had a bit of red blood in there, that faded to a very faint brown spotting over the next 48 hours. I had betas done on 10 dpo, and on 12 dpo, and my hcg was doubling, so I have to wait until January 8th (when I'm 8 weeks along) for an ultrasound, to see if all is well or not.

There are many, many reasons why women can spot or bleed in early pregnancy. Low progesterone being one of them (which I have, and I'm also on suppositories), and the suppositories themselves can cause spotting issues, SCH (subchorionic hematomas, which are little tears behind or near the sac; they most often resolve themselves, but can cause very scary bleeding episodes), sex/straining to have a BM can irritate the sensitive cervix and cause spotting and bleeding, implantation, etc.

Good luck! I'm right there in the waiting game with you!

I saw my doctor for somthing else last week and he said they do not check levels. Im in the Uk, dont know if this makes a difference? All I can do is wait until next monday. There is no blood today and I have had no pain so im thinking its a good sign. Still no symptoms but im trying not to worry as when I was pregnant with my daugter I didnt realise until I started being sick at 9 weeks. Im 5+3 today x

Ok so my spotting stopped but has now come back. Im so scared and upset but cant do anything till my scan next monday x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->