5+6 weeks scan and not sure if I should reschedule.

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hallo ladies!

I have my scan booked for 5+6 weeks due to my first mc, but will they see anything? Should I tr to reschedule?

Thanks!

Hallo ladies!

I have my scan booked for 5+6 weeks due to my first mc, but will they see anything? Should I tr to reschedule?

Thanks!

Due to your MC they will see you a bit more often compared to those that havent had a MC. Its just for them to know your safe and still there.

Having had a scan recently at 5+4 I wish I'd waited till 7weeks. You may see something at 5+6 but really should by 7.

I was in same boat but didn't know my dates. I went and was only 3/4 weeks. I am booked for twi weeks time
She says I may get heartbeat by then

If it won't drive you mad, I'd wait another week. I had a scan at 5 weeks due to m/c and all we saw was an empty sac. 2 weeks later, there was a heartbeat. A small amount of time can make a big difference early on and only seeing a gestational sac is not reassuring at all. Until you see baby in there, you will likely still worry. Waiting until at least 6.5-7 weeks would give you a much better picture of viability :) After a heartbeat is seen at 7-8 weeks, risk of m/c goes WAY down.

Good luck sweetie, I'm sure everything is just fine :hugs:

Thank you ladies. I went to the doctor today for uti and I asked him advice about my scan. He also recommended that I wait until 6 weeks - 7 weeks to see the heartbeat as well. He is just a general practitioner so couldn't do anything much pregnancy related, but gave me advice until I see my obgyn.

I would definitely wait a little while. I've seen far too many women on this board after an early scan all freaked out and panicked that something is wrong because they couldn't see anything on the scan. If you wait until 7 or 8 weeks you're much more likely to get a clear picture of what's going on in there.

like some of the other posters have said, i would wait until 7 weeks if you can. Much the same boat as you. MC last year and had a scan at 7 weeks for this pregnancy to make sure all was in order. that heartbeat is the most amazing thing you will every see. goodluck gorgeous!

I was scanned every 2 weeks, first scan small empty scan, made to have bloods done, bloods came back good (tunred out to be 4+weeks!!!) then another at 6 and I was put forward even more weeks saw baby with little heart beat, and she showed us a sound graph with it, then 2 weeks later.... which put me at 8+6 I think, and could see the heart working away, now have my next one next Monday, so not always a bad thing to go early, xxx

Thank you ladies.

I will post-pone my appointment tomorrow and will keep you updated!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->