5 days late, 16 dpo, high bbt but BFN!!

misscyn

Reaction score
Pardon my long post... on October 9 I got my copper iud removed after having it for 2 years. I got AF as expected on cd 26 (my cycles had been every 25 to 28 days since having the iud). The following cycle we decided to ttc, but I ended up getting Af on CD19, an entire week early. This had never happened before. I got a little worried and decided to chart and use OPKs the following cycle. I finally got a positive opk on cd 16 (November 25). We had intercourse that night. The next day I forgot to chart my temp, however on the morning of November 27 my temp was up to 98.24, whereas my follicular phase cover line is around 97.3. So I think it’s safe to assume I ovulated on November 26 (cd 17). At 8dpo I got very distinctive Af cramps while out shopping. I was so sure I had started AF early again that I immediately bought some menstrual pads and went to the washroom. However there was no blood. The cramps continued for about 2 hours but still no AF. Now the only other time this happened to me was just before I found out I was pregnant with DD over 4 years ago. So after googling a bit, I concluded it must have been implantation pain. My symptoms from 8 dpo to 13 dpo were camps, a lot of pelvic pressure and a ton of lotion-like cm. All this is very unusual for me. I am now at 16 dpo (4 to 6 days late) and all my symptoms seem to have disappeared for the past 3 days. My morning temps have been between 98.24 and 98.6 for 15 days now (cover line is 97.34). But I keep getting BFNs!! Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Btw I am 34 years old. DH is 43 and DD is 3 and a half.

Well nobody answered but I thought I'd update for future reference. This morning, on cd 34, I woke up to a temp of 97.4 and Af :(
My theory at this point is that my cycle is messed up because of the iud removal.

Now before the iud, my cycles were around 32 days. Shortly after the iud, my cycles got significantly shorter. In the last year, my cycles were an average of 26.5 days. I just thought this was a coincidence because, I thought, why would the iud affect my cycle length if it is non-hormonal?
Well after removal (I had it for 2 years) my first cycle was 19 days. The second 34. I doubt these wacky cycles after removal are just a coincidence. Apparently, just because a copper iud is non-hormonal doesn't mean your fertility will go back to normal immediately after removal. Although that may be the case for some women, others will have to give their body some time to reajust after removal. An iud remains a foreign object in the uterus and it can have a lasting effect on the lining of the uterus. Also, from all of the googling I've been doing, there seems to be a disproportionately high number of pregnancy loss in women who get pregnant right after iud removal.

So anyway, my advice for those ttc after an iud is to get it removed a few months before you plan to ttc, and use another method of birth control in the meantime (like a condom) just to give your body some time to reajust a bit before a pregnancy. I just hope my body goes back to normal asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->