5 week old congested

25weeker

Reaction score
My lb has been congested now for over a week. I had him at the doctors last week and they said it was a cold and his chest is clear which I suspected as my daughter has one. However it doesn't seem to be going away and I have noticed he is a lot worse at night when he is lying on his back. During the day it isn't as bad and he usually sleeps either on me so more upright or in his bouncer. Sometimes it sounds like his milk his coming back up although he swallows it down again rather than being sick. I am now wondering could he have reflux that doesn't cause him any pain but is causing the congestion? Anyone else had this? He is eating fine and doesn't have a temperature. He is waking up loads in the night though and because he can't breathe properly.

I am using saline drops to help but they only last a short while.

Have you tried a vaporiser? They work pretty well. Also baby olbas oil dripped onto his sleeping bag might help. I have a snot sucker which I use before I put my LO to bed if she is very congested.

You could try propping his matress up with a towel or something underneath it so he isn't lying flat at night x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->