5 week old feeding every 2 hours!

celestek89

Reaction score
He's done this since my milk came in. It's around the clock almost to the minute, every two hours! He's put on so much weight and has grown so much he almost looks like a three month old! Anyone else experiencing this? Did it calm down? I'm finding it hard to keep up, I'm dreading when he starts to cluster feed!!

My boy did this. Thought things would never change. Now at 7 weeks, he is starting to figure things out and go longer between feeds. Longest is about 4.5 hours, so not STTN yet, but it will happen soon.

That sounds totally normal for a 5 wk old to me!

Very normal. Mine was probably every hour at that age. They'll space out, though it's hard to say when as that seems to differ quite a bit. You should get at least some longer stretches after your supply regulates. For me that was around 11 weeks.

He's done this since my milk came in. It's around the clock almost to the minute, every two hours! He's put on so much weight and has grown so much he almost looks like a three month old! Anyone else experiencing this? Did it calm down? I'm finding it hard to keep up, I'm dreading when he starts to cluster feed!!

If he isn't cluster feeding already, maybe those 2hrly feeds are enough. Cluster feeding for us started around 10 days and then calmed down around 11 weeks.

2 hours is normal and expected for that age.

Thanks ladies! My daughter didn't do this so I wasn't sure :)

My daughter was the same and if I'm being honest she was until I stopped Bfing (7 months). She fed every hour in the day and at night! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->