5 week scan, 2 sacs!!

Hi there, sorry you're in limbo! With my dd2 I went in for pain and my hcg was also triple what it should be. During the US they saw 2 sacs and said one was a SCH and may experience bleeding, but I didn't. Went back for more blood and they said I was mc because it went down. Went for an us a few days later and had 1 healthy bean and the "sch" had all but disappeared. Few weeks later dr said it was either an sch or a vanishing twin! Hope you get answers soon hun!

Were you scanned by a gyn or tech? Sometimes techs/ nurses can't legally or for policy reasons speculate about what they see because they aren't certified in obstetrics medicine. So they can't diagnose you with twin or sch or what not

Ive just googled vanishing twin, i suppose i wont know anymore until next thursday.. Brown spotting has stopped and so have cramps :thumbup: And it was a nurse scanning me, i saw a docter after scan and he booked me in for rescan as he couldnt see if pregnancy is viable.. x

Hi there, sorry you're in limbo! With my dd2 I went in for pain and my hcg was also triple what it should be. During the US they saw 2 sacs and said one was a SCH and may experience bleeding, but I didn't. Went back for more blood and they said I was mc because it went down. Went for an us a few days later and had 1 healthy bean and the "sch" had all but disappeared. Few weeks later dr said it was either an sch or a vanishing twin! Hope you get answers soon hun!

Thanks hun so do i.. Ill keep you all updated x

That would make sense. They may refer you to a location with better ultrasound machines or nay just be giving it time to get a more clear answer. Fxed all goes well at your next scan!

Thanks for all your replies ladies, i really appreciate it :hugs: Pink stopping is back today and really strong cramping, not sure whether to go back to epu or not?? Or just wait it out till thursday.. Dont wanna keep hassling them or go just to be sent home again with no more answers... MS is still bad so i guess thats a promising sign x

I would give epu a quick call if it was me, just to see what they say :hugs: xxx

Agreed calling is not bothersome and they will have a better idea of whether you should come in. I'm glad your bleeding stopped and (while this reads weird) that your ms is still going strong

With my twins. i didnt know i was pregnant with twins until on our wedding night (7wks) i had bleeding and went to ER. Thats when they told me we were pregnant with twins but may lose 1 or both of them. I didnt get another scan until 17wks when DS has gone. DD1 was fine though. :thumbup:

Good luck!!

When you said they were quite far away how far?

I'm almost wondering if you saw your ovary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->