5 weeks 4 days early scan- no yolk sac

Jessie7003

Reaction score
Should I be worried? Went for an early scan to rule out ectopic and was measuring 5 weeks 4 days which is where I thought I was. My lmp put me at 6 weeks 4 days but my AF is every 5 weeks so I knew I was a week behind. However couldn’t find a yolk sac. The midwife said she could see the start of one but I’m not convinced, gotta go back in 2 weeks. Anyone else had this and had a successful pregnancy?

A03F3386-A1F2-42AB-91C1-CB6ABA0F3240.jpeg

I go for early scans to rule out ectopic each pregnancy. Each time, before 6 weeks I’d have a gest sac only, mayyybe a yolk sac. Then at the next scan, baby with a heartbeat! Congrats mama, try to relax the next two weeks, I’m sure everything will be fine :hugs:

I go for early scans to rule out ectopic each pregnancy. Each time, before 6 weeks I’d have a gest sac only, mayyybe a yolk sac. Then at the next scan, baby with a heartbeat! Congrats mama, try to relax the next two weeks, I’m sure everything will be fine :hugs:
Thank you so much! Trying to stay hopeful x

Looks promising and like my scan I had at 5 weeks with my DD. She is now a healthy 6 year old. I had to go back for a scan at 7 weeks and that's when I saw baby an a heartbeat.
I still haven't had a scan with this one and I'm 6 weeks tommorow really hoping I get a scan sometime next week will hopefully no Thursday.
I wudnt worry ure see more at next scan

Looks promising and like my scan I had at 5 weeks with my DD. She is now a healthy 6 year old. I had to go back for a scan at 7 weeks and that's when I saw baby an a heartbeat.
I still haven't had a scan with this one and I'm 6 weeks tommorow really hoping I get a scan sometime next week will hopefully no Thursday.
I wudnt worry ure see more at next scan
Thank you so much! These replies are reassuring thanks ladies x

I second Mom. I have had many scans between 5-6 weeks and that’s very common. I also see something developing in the bottom right. :). I know it’s hard not to worry, but things look great. Did they end up tested your blood hcg again?

With my DS 5 yrs ago, i saw only gestational sac at 5w1D.. at 7w2D , we saw HB :)
so all good

If sonographer saw start of 1 id go with that. This is what they look at day in day out.
Its just such an awful wait. I was you on my twin pregnancy and every day was like a year. I only had 1 sac develop though but sonographer was spot on

I second Mom. I have had many scans between 5-6 weeks and that’s very common. I also see something developing in the bottom right. :). I know it’s hard not to worry, but things look great. Did they end up tested your blood hcg again?
Thank you so much! That's what the midwife tried to measure but couldn't get it so fingers crossed! No i didn't have any more bloods taken, they didn't seem concerned.

Thank you ladies! Hope all is well. I feel much better! These 2 weeks may fly in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->