5 weeks, pink spotting, terrified

Laurana

Working on #4
Reaction score
After trying for a couple years, I got my BFP at 14dpo (I didn't test early and it was a nice dark one). I hadn't even gotten over the shock yet when I started spotting- mostly pink, a little red, only when I wiped. It went away, but I went to the urgent care that day for labs- HCG came back at 160.

5 days later, last Thursday, I had a little more pink spotting. I went back for another HCG and the spotting stopped. HCG was over 1100.

Then today I woke up and had pink when I wiped again. Not enough to get on my underwear. But I'm panicking. I'm so afraid of losing this baby.

I am 34, I've had 3 healthy babies before I turned 30 but I had a very early miscarriage last march.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm going insane.

After trying for a couple years, I got my BFP at 14dpo (I didn't test early and it was a nice dark one). I hadn't even gotten over the shock yet when I started spotting- mostly pink, a little red, only when I wiped. It went away, but I went to the urgent care that day for labs- HCG came back at 160.

5 days later, last Thursday, I had a little more pink spotting. I went back for another HCG and the spotting stopped. HCG was over 1100.

Then today I woke up and had pink when I wiped again. Not enough to get on my underwear. But I'm panicking. I'm so afraid of losing this baby.

I am 34, I've had 3 healthy babies before I turned 30 but I had a very early miscarriage last march.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm going insane.

Hey Laurana :hugs:

Everyone says light spotting is normal in early pregnancy, and to try not to worry....which is impossible!! So lets look at it practically....

Have you BD'd? Any cramps? Can you get another HCG done today?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had brown spotting at dead on 4 weeks. Had scan at 7 weeks and baby is fine.

I had spotting after an orgasm so just not done anything since.

I've had mild cramps - but they seem almost constant all this week. Not painful, not like AF... Hard to describe- and never had this with my previous pregnancies.

I have an appointment to meet with a new Ob today. I'm going to ask that doc to draw blood if possible. If not, I'll go back to the urgent care doc and get another HCG level I suppose.

I'm not sure if I'm panicking just because I've had a miscarriage before or if something really is wrong.

The ob said everything looked perfect- cervix closed and all is well. HCG went up to 6,283. So still doubling in less than 48 hours. I think I'm just paranoid. Also I think I may puke. I'm both thrilled and annoyed to have morning sickness.

Thanks for the support!

Hiya hun, just wanted to share some experience i had. I have had a perfectly normal pregnancy and labour and have a wonderful healthy boy. Now i'm pregnant with my 2nd baby and had some spotting around 4 and 6 weeks. I have had some more spotting at various intervals during this pregnancy and it turns out to be after we have DTD and gone a little too deep or been a little too rough.

I did the same as you, went to A&E, got HCG levels taken. They were rising nicely. After my second spotting they gave me an emergency ultrasound and found a heartbeat around 6 weeks. I am now 26 weeks pregnant and am feeling strong kicks every day.

It's much much easier said then done, but try not to worry and believe everything will be ok. Spotting can be common in pregnancy but i had never encountered it before. So when it happened to me i immediately thought the worse. However, that's not always the case.

Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy :)

Congratulations!
I had pink spotting this pregnancy and everything is fine :)
H&H 9 mths.

Popping in from third trimester...

I had light spotting for three straight weeks (from 5 weeks to 7 weeks), and then it eventually stopped. I'm 32 weeks now and everything is fine. :D

Thanks everyone- it is so helpful to hear people having similar issues and continuing on to have healthy babies :) I THINK everything is okay. It seems my spotting is related to fooling around with the hubby. I have an ultrasound scheduled on Monday just to be safe.

I think just about everyone spots starting at five weeks and can go up until the nine week! It did with me and the doctor wasn't the least bit concerned. She says its normal

Thanks everyone- it is so helpful to hear people having similar issues and continuing on to have healthy babies :) I THINK everything is okay. It seems my spotting is related to fooling around with the hubby. I have an ultrasound scheduled on Monday just to be safe.

My spotting at 4 weeks was after an orgasm. Not had one since and had no more. Holding out till 2nd tri xx

Just an update should anyone stumble upon this and wonder the outcome... I am just over 10 weeks now, have had multiple episodes of spotting but perfect ultrasounds with a healthy, strong heartbeat. Doc says no need to worry baby appears quite well. Likely just a sensitive cervix :)

Just an update should anyone stumble upon this and wonder the outcome... I am just over 10 weeks now, have had multiple episodes of spotting but perfect ultrasounds with a healthy, strong heartbeat. Doc says no need to worry baby appears quite well. Likely just a sensitive cervix :)

That's so wonderful!!! Thanks for the update. So happy for you and your little one :)

I haven't had spotting but mild cramping. I know it's likely all find, but it's nice to know other people have things like this and it doesn't mean the worst :)

Congrats!

Thanks for the update! Going through exactly this right now and it's totally reassuring :) Thanks again!

Ask about a bladder infection. I just got checked today because light pink spotting, and low and behold...I have a bladder infection. :(

Thanks for taking the time to update us :) Hope you continue to have a happy and healthy pregnancy! :hugs:

Hey girl! Great news!
I'm 7 weeks on Friday, and absolutely petrified!
I've an early scan on Thursday at 8am and I'm bricking it!!!

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->