5 weeks pregnant and fell down the stairs on my butt!

bombshellmom

Momma of 2 DD'S and expecting DS in April!
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone thinks i should go get checked out? Has anyone fallen in early pregnancy like this and ended up with a miscarriage, or did it not hurt the baby? I'm just super worried now. :cry:

It can't hurt to call the doctor and see what they say. I have fallen before on my butt down the stairs because my heel slipped. I did miscarry but NOT BECAUSE I FELL!!!! I miscarried for other reasons, but when I had fallen I told my OB, they did a scan and said everything was just fine, the fall caused nothing.

But again, if you're nervous or sore, just call your Dr. office...that's what they're there for!!! <3

I had a really bad fall on my bump at 14 weeks along with my second baby. It was so scary. I went in and got checked out right away, and baby was fine and he was born just one day before his due date. I have had a few falls during my very early weeks, as I get so, so clumsy. I've only had perfectly healthy babies. I would definitely chat with the doctor about it, but the usual rule is that if there isn't any pain or blood, you should be okay (with a first trimester fall).

Falling on your butt can't cause miscarriage. Heck, falling on your bump would basically never cause miscarriage. Short of high-velocity impacts (think car crash or getting beat up), it's pretty hard for you to whack yourself hard enough to unintentionally cause a miscarriage. Worry not :)

I wouldn't think you'd need to call anyone, baby is massively well cushioned at this stage it's so tiny and right down on your pelvis.

If you think how many bumps and knocks people would have had hundreds of years ago etc

You'll be fine :)

I did the same thing at 14 weeks. I didn't do anything about it and baby fine. They are so cushioned in there it probably didn't even notice

I was in a roll over car wreck at almost five weeks pregnant with this pregnancy, baby is just fine! Still massively cushioned and tony at this point Hun :)

Do what you think is right hun, youl hear this saying forever now "mum knows best
:) )
Ring midwife if it will put your mind at ease
H xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back