5 weeks pregnant some period style bleeding

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by app478, Sep 28, 2008.

1. app478

app478 New Member

Hi I'm 5 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing some period like bleeding. It started as spotting and over the last 5 days has increased. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I didn't experience any of this with my 1st. I have no pain and no discomfort. I have been to the Drs and am waiting for my 2nd lot of blood to come back. My firt HCG reading was 31 at 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Should I be worried or is this part of pregnancy. Any help would be great

2. porkpie1981

porkpie1981 Well-Known Member

I think mine was around 40 and im now 15 weeks. Ive also had small and large amounts of blood so hopefully all will b ok

:hugs:

3. LongRoadAhead

LongRoadAhead ♥Due 06/05/09♥

Hey hun as your only 5 weeks, it could be your period showing up. It happens sometimes, you get a BFP before your period is due or just after but unfortuently go on to bleed and loose everything,Im not saying this is your case though. Wait n see what your bloods read,It could be nothing to worry about atall
    X

4. **angel**

**angel** Mummy to 2 little boys!

thinking of u :hugs: xxxxx

5. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

If your level was at 45 that means one good thing , You are deffinatley pregnant hun :) . As they class anything over 5 a pregnancy .
    I would ask for another reading to see if your levels have gone up , But bleeding in early stages seems to be very common . Try not worry . xxxx Good luck .

6. wishes

wishes Mummy of two :)

I hope everything is ok for you hun... try to rest as much as you can until you know whats going on. :hugs:

7. Rumpskin

Rumpskin Free to try again!

Rest up sweets and wait for those blood results.

Good luck x

8. app478

app478 New Member

Thanks for all your messages of support. Got my blood test results and they are 2 so I'm no longer pregnant. It was very interesting as I had no pain and only bleeding as a regular period. But I guess everyone is different and bodies react in different ways. Anyway back on the horse in a few weeks. Fingers crossed.

9. Jessa

Jessa Guest

Sorry for your loss. I know exactly how it feels. Try again when you feel ready and I'm sure the next one will stick.

10. cleckner04

cleckner04 ✭Emma & Rylan's Mama✭

I'm sorry to hear this hun. I just snuck over here from the WTT section and saw this thread. The reason I'm waiting to conceive now is because I miscarried at nine weeks recently and am now waiting for my first :witch: to try again. I just wanted to say I am so sorry about your loss. All I can say is give yourself time to grieve it all properly. Good luck. Hope to see you in TTC later on. :hugs:

11. **angel**

**angel** Mummy to 2 little boys!

:hugs: i am so sorry xxxxxxxxxxx

12. charliesmom

charliesmom Dad, daughter, 2 chis

That's one positive aspect of having a m/c so soon. You have no tissue to pass, so your cervix doesn't have to dilate and contract. I'm very sorry for your loss. Mine occured at 5 weeks too, but I had a yolk sac to pass, so it was pretty painful but no where close to my other m/c at 8 weeks. omg.... anyways, speedy recovery!

13. porkpie1981

porkpie1981 Well-Known Member

14. Zion

Zion New Member

Hi I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my 5th child, i have had bleeding for a week now but i never had this with any of my others, i have to say im sick of hearing that it's common to bleed in pregnancy cause to me it's not. I have to go back for a scan in 2 weeks and that is driving me crazy, it is so far away.
    I am so scared of loosing this baby, i am trying to think positive but it's hard.