5 weeks red bleeding

mummof1

Reaction score
In sorry to post about something I know scares a lot of woman ... I am just so worried and feel helpless just waiting to call my doctors office .
Last night before bed I went pee and wiped there was pink blood on the toilet paper . I went to bed and felt so scared like something bad was going to happen and this morning I woke up to a gush of red blood and when I peed the toilet water was red ... Is it all over ?? Has anyone experienced bleeding like this and went on to have a healthy pregnancy ?
I'm devestated thinking its an early miscarriage :(

My friend did, she said she has blood gushing feared the worst but a scan showed all was fine, her boy is now 4.5 years. She had bleeding with her second child too. Has the bleeding now stopped? Do you have pain in with it? I hope everything turns out okxx

I had red bleeding at 8 weeks like you describe and am now 20 weeks pregnant. Turns out I had a separation of the sac. Was so scary and I thought it was over too. Have you had a chance to speak to anyone about it yet? I hope everything turns out okx

Thank you for replying . There is only a tiny bit of brown spotting on the pad I'm wearing now. I have no cramps either . I'm just waiting to call my doctor they don't answer until 9 am.. I've just been googling like crazy which I know sometimes just causes worry ! I had implantation spotting with my first son but it was only very light brown.. With my second son I had unexplained heavy red bleeding at 23 weeks pregnant it was scary but again no cramps then either .
I'm praying it isn't the worst I'll update , thanks ladies <3

I had that from weeks 5-10. I have a subchorionic hematoma which is still present, but the bleeding has turned into occasional spotting. I'm now well into 2nd trimester, this isn't necessarily a miscarriage for you.

Thank you.
I have just seen the Doctor (she's great) she talked to me for a quite a while. She said the best thing to do is wait.
I took another digital test that came up pregnant 1-2 so I'm taking that as a good sign.
Im still bleeding lightly , reddish brown.

I am now bleeding heavily and clotting .. Still no cramps. Been crying all morning :(
I find it hard to believe everything would be fine after this .
I guess I just have to wait and see if it stops and see if I still get positive tests

I hope it turns out to be a minor bleed that has nothing to do with baby! I was worried too when I had spotting with two of my pregnancies. One was from my cervix being inflamed and (sorry for the tmi) being traumatized during :sex: and the other was actually from a MC. This was bright red with small dark red clots about the size of a dime, as well as some smaller mini clots about the size of a pinhead. When I passed the sac it was greyish-red color and looked like a quarter dollar sized balloon. I also had a MMC in which I had no bleeding, just a shocker to me when they found no heartbeat on ultrasound, so I went ahead and had a D&C instead of waiting to pass it on my own since I didn't want to go through that again and "see" everything.

I bled bright red with clots from 4 weeks to 18 weeks with my DD... Scanned weekly and always ok. Will the doctor to an HCG check for you? Or organise an early scan at EPU for next week? Xxx

Things might be okay, and they might not be. I'm very sorry you are going through this stressful situation and hope you find the resolution soon. :hugs:

When this happened to me my doctor ordered HCG tests to see if my levels were increasing or dropping. Perhaps you can get this done?

Thanks for replying ladies .
She said she wouldn't want to order blood work and possibly get my hopes up just have my levels later go down .
She told me to call next week if the bleeding got any heavier or continued and she will probably order some then

Fx for u everything turns out ok xxx

Thank you ladies so much. I would be going crazy here without this site.
The bleeding has lightened up a lot..its very light red now on the pad and I really don't have to change it its more like spotting.
It was heavy only twice when I went pee and there were some clots there ...but again no pain whatsoever.
I have done a digital test that says pregnant and a first response with the same darkness of a line that I got last week.
I'm going to wait it out and call my doctor at the end of the week and see what she says then.

I was spotting on and off from week 6 to week 11! Turns out it was coming from my bladder I had a unrinary tract infection, it was very scary, I even screamed a couple of times when it happened xxx

With DD I had lots of blood and clots and she's now one. I had cervical corrosion and any exercise or strenuous would set it off. Not happened in my two pregnancies after her though.

I think whats keeping me hopeful is I'm not experiencing any pain at all.
I also had unexplained heavy bleeding with my second son about half way into my pregnancy.
I have an appointment booked for next week now so then she will order blood work and book a scan..I will keep updating . Thanks ladies <3<3

:hugs: hope everything's ok. The wait must be horrible:( x

Good luck I really hope everything is ok, it is a terrible fright seeing blood. let us know how things are, we are thinking of youxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->