5 weeks, spotting or Miscarriage? :(

Jenimon

Reaction score
Hello ladies.. here's my scoop.

Thursday I found out I was pregnant, and should be along 5 weeks ish. I made my appointment with my OBYN for Jan 16th. Saturday morning I called off work because i just had this feeling that I needed to. I laid around for a bit, and then started spotting.

Dark brown when I wiped. Later on there was more blood, but always only when I wiped. After calling the ER, ect ect they tried to assure me that bleeding can be normal as long as the flow isn't like a period flow. So far, it hasn't been. It's not the normal color, but it's there.
There is never enough to even really dampen a pad. (I normally wear tampons, and have a extremely heavy flow) I'm going to make an appointment today at 9:30 to get examined.. I've taken a few tests, and since the first test they have all been very faint, even at the Dr's office when it was confirmed, the line was faint.

I have very very mild cramps sometimes.. but it often goes away, they feel kinda like period cramps. I've previously M/C'ed the beginning of this year, however that M/C Had sharp sharp pain, and a heavier than normal flow.

Any thoughts? I'm trying to stay positive, but I can't help but feel as if my hope is fading.. :nope:

Called the office, and now I'm waiting for a phone call so they can 'Tell me what I should do'. Whatever that's suposto mean..

Good luck. I got this current BFP when I was 10 dpo, and by the night of 11 dpo, I was spotting, similar to what you're describing. Fortunately, it did go away by 13 dpo, and it's stayed away. My scan isn't until January 8th, which feels like an eternity, but, I suppose I'll get to see what's happening. My hcg levels were doubling fine, and I am having symptoms galore. Have you had any beta hcg levels drawn? That may give you an indication of what direction you're headed...

Hopefully it was just implantation bleeding! Wishing you the best of luck :)

When I was between 5-6ish weeks I had a scan for a possible ectopic. They showed me a pool of blood near the sac from implantation and told me not to be alarmed should it start coming out. Hopefully it's something similar for you? Just old implantation blood? Good luck and hope things go well for you and your bean! :hugs:

Ugh, I havn't had any levels drawn yet! They wont take me in, however they are sending me to the hospital for an urine analysist, she suggested a possible UTI or such. I have no idea :( i've had no bad pain, the blood is there when I urinate, sometimes it's dark blood like brown mixed with redish? Like a copper color? But it never makes it very much onto the pad.

They put me on bed rest until January 16th, so I have to take a medical leave from my job. :( I just want to know!

Its weird how doctors in different places do different things. I have had brown blood on the toilet paper since 5 weeks. The first thing the docs did was give me a blood test, and again 2 days later, then two days after that. My hcg was doubling. I think they need to give you a blood test ASAP, I was so scared like you are but seeing my hcg double brought me comfort. Then I had a ultrasound at 5w4d and only saw the yolk sac, no baby. Again, I was freaking out but trying to stay calm. My brown spotting subsided by 7 weeks. Then I had another ultrasound at 7w5d (previously scheduled after only seeing the yolk sac) and we saw a Lil baby in there and a healthy heart beat. I've started spotting dark and light brown again starting at the beginning of 8 weeks. Even though I have a mini freak out every time I see it, I believe everything is fine.

I hope my story gave you some encouragement.... I hope they take your blood and see what's going on since you are too early for an ultrasound. :hugs:

Ugh, I keep getting told to ask for another urine test while I'm there. Wouldn't they refuse since they are only to receive a sample? I feel like they would send me to the ER for that. I do want to know what's going on, but since the test that verified the pregnancy was faint to begin with, I'm concerned the test might show negative for them. Am i correct that a urine analysis would tell me more about my levels, and if I am M/Cing or not?

Blood tests are more reliable because you can see the actual numbers of your hcg level . They can do a repeat test 48 hours after the initial test and if your numbers are going up then that is good, if they are going down then you are miscarrying sadly

There are a lot of factors that influence urine tests

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->