5 weeks..

nsmomtobe

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm just turning 5 weeks, and we are so excited.
Do you think its too early to start telling our friends and close neighbors?
Did anyone else tell everyone before or close to being 5 weeks pregnant? :)

i wouldn't tell anhbody yet- i only told my mum and my OH, i am gonna wait until my first scan on Tuesday

are you having a scan??

It's totally up to you! We waited to tell our parents and told them when I was nine weeks, and waited until our scan (yesterday) to tell extended family and close friends. We're quite private people though.

One piece of advice I will give you about waiting...for a while, it was entirely a special little secret only DH and I shared. It was really hard to not tell people, as I had to lie on many occasions, but very soon, as the reality of the pregnancy kicks in, you'll realize how much your lives are about to change. Perhaps enjoy it together for a little while?!

I'm in Canada.. and my first scan is not until 9 weeks.. another 4 weeks...
ugghhh :)

I told my parents as soon as we found out, and we'll have told all of our close friends and family by around 6 weeks. (I'm telling a bunch of friends this weekend). I know it's early, but I'd be the kind of person that needs a support net if the worst ends up happening. I can't imagine suffering through a loss without having anyone to talk to about it. But I won't be posting anything on facebook or livejournal or other forums I visit until much longer.

I told my parents as soon as we found out, and we'll have told all of our close friends and family by around 6 weeks. (I'm telling a bunch of friends this weekend). I know it's early, but I'd be the kind of person that needs a support net if the worst ends up happening. I can't imagine suffering through a loss without having anyone to talk to about it. But I won't be posting anything on facebook or livejournal or other forums I visit until much longer.

Julia, we are close in date's my due date is Feb 5th :)

We told our 2 friends and that's it. We will be waiting until the 12 week mark to tell family and everyone else.

We told our parents straight away and then I told my closest friends at 4 weeks because I am a bridesmaid for one of them in the period so she needed to know.

But I have told a few people where I stable my horses as a precautionary measure.

I have told 3 people, otherwise we are waiting until probably 14 weeks to tell friends and family. We would tell at 12, but don't have another scan until 14. OH's family will all be around between 12 and 13 weeks so we may have to tell then if bump is obvious or if things they suggest doing are things I can not participate in. I just feel more comfortable waiting and so does OH, plus it's kinda nice having this secret for us to enjoy right now.

We told our family at around 5 weeks, we live with family members and figured it was best to tell them as soon as we confirmed it so we could discuss future living situations, etc. Had we not had this situation, I was going to wait until my first scan to tell everyone else. Really, it's up to how comfortable you are sharing the news.

W've only told OH's parents and my dad, we aren't telling anyone else or announcing it until our 12week scan and know all is well :thumbup:

I've only told one friend and thats purely because my husband is away at the moment and he wanted there to be someone here that was aware of my pregnancy just in case. I agree with PP that its nice to just share it with hubbi for a while, with previous children we told people after first scan. With my 2nd daughter it wasgetting quite hard to hide by that stage though lol x

I was 5 weeks on Monday. We told everyone Sunday, when I was 4 weeks 6 days. I think it's a personal choice and you should tell people when you're ready. ;)

It looks like we have very close due dates and i am also from Canada. We have decided that we are going to wait until the end of the 1st trimester.

With all my 3 previous pregnancies, I told most of the people straightaway.....athis time I wasn't planning to, but I thought why delay in sharing the joy that you are blessed with.....

We told family right away. I'm horrible at keeping secrets plus if something goes wrong we'll have the support from them.

We have told close friends and all the family. We are attempting to wait until 12 weeks before sharing with everyone although that is proving very difficult at the moment as with this being our second I currently look 5 months gone!

It was important for me to share with close friends and family as if anything did happen then I would need them for support. We are quite an open bunch.

A good rule of thumb is to tell only those people whom you wouldn't mind telling later that you had a miscarriage. We all pray that never happens!

I got my BFP on 24th May and told everyone we know that day. Keeping it a secret won't stop anything from going wrong..and I'd like people to understand and give me some space if something went wrong.

We told everyone more or less right away. That was my choice as I hid my pregnancy with my son as I was quite young and frightend about telling anyone, so I really wanted to enjoy this pregnancy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->