• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

5 year old won't sleep by herself. Desperate and may try TV in room.

What about putting her in with her brother for a bit? It's slightly different for us as ours are both girls but since they've been sharing we just tuck them in after story and say good night and they both just go to sleep. We used to have a huge rigmarole of cuddles, drinks, toilet, crying etc but this seems to have completely taken all of that away and we are months in now.

Eleanor Ace, I did try having our dog in there with her but she still acted like she does when she's there by herself. She was never very attached to our dog so that might be why it didn't work/

Gym Knickers,
I would try that having her sleep with her brother but I'm afraid she'll end up waking him up instead of him helping her sleep!

Since I last posted, dd has gotten in a good routine of getting in bed by herself and at least winding down in bed by herself. I come in after 15 minutes to see if she's asleep and turn off the T.V. if not. There have been a couple of occasions where she's fallen asleep in that span, but those were both days where she hadn't gotten at least 9 hours of sleep. I hope one day to not have to use the T.V. as a crutch but for now I think we have made progress.

I have recently been on a sleep east course and have a load of literature about ideas and techniques if you are interested ? My daughter is autistic and has always struggled with sleep, bio melatonin didn't do much for her and the long term affects can be counter productive as the body can stop producing its own melatonin.
PM me your email address if you want to look at the literature from the sleep training course, I feel your pain !

Thanks so much Willow! I pm'd you. Interesting the melatonin had no effect on your daughter. I'm very leery of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->