50 Shades of Grey

Kimber

Reaction score
Any of you read it? Just wondering if it's so popular just because it's advertised as so "risqué" or if it really has a good story line as well? Trying to decipher hype from actual good books. :winkwink:

Ive read all the books, I think it's addictive because each chapter kindof leaves you wondering what's going to happen next. I love the relationship between Ana and Christian. It's a great read despite the repetitiveness of the writing :)

Cool thanks! I haven't talked to anyone yet who has actually read them (go figure, my sleepy little town is ALWAYS a bit behind the rest of the world). :haha:

I must admit that after reading book 1 I wanted to stop because it was kinda too much for me if you get what I mean ... :blush:I had never read a book like that before :shock: But after a day of saying Im not reading the other 2 ...oh damn you Christian grey....:kiss: the next morning I started book 2 and just couldnt stop ...book 3 is my favourite !!IIm so glad I read all the books its a great love story !! Its sooooo worth reading and have in mind that its very hard not to fall in love with Christian Grey :blush: I've heard that the movie is gonna come out soon.. I've read that Ian Somerhalder (my secret crush:blush:) is gonna probably get the role of Christian Grey...:happydance:
oh I cant waiiiiiiiittttttt!!!!! :happydance:

There are a few threads about this around but I'll write what I wrote.

For me, it isn't the raunchy side of the book, it is him. He hasn't had an easy life and it shows, the passion, the love, the intense strain, the way he is with her, the way he talks to her, all those things make the book what it is. Yes they have sex, a lot, more than a lot lol but I find myself more drawn to him than the raunchy side.

It's a great book, I read all three in three days. I so wished I had slowed down because now I want to read them all over again.

Book 1 is exciting, new and it draws you in once your past the first few chapters, then book 2 is when things start to come more real and book 3 is incredible, yes there are parts which can seem predictable and comparing it to Twilight there are only a few differences as such but tbh I loved it and I would love to see it as a movie.

For me, it isn't the raunchy side of the book, it is him. He hasn't had an easy life and it shows, the passion, the love, the intense strain, the way he is with her, the way he talks to her, all those things make the book what it is. Yes they have sex, a lot, more than a lot lol but I find myself more drawn to him than the raunchy side.

It's a great book, I read all three in three days. I so wished I had slowed down because now I want to read them all over again.

Book 1 is exciting, new and it draws you in once your past the first few chapters, then book 2 is when things start to come more real and book 3 is incredible, yes there are parts which can seem predictable and comparing it to Twilight there are only a few differences as such but tbh I loved it and I would love to see it as a movie.

I completely agree!!! I have only just started reading it and i'm half way thru the 1st book but its something about him that is keeping me going and not all the sex which so far there is alot of. It's definately the different sides to his character that are keeping me going with it :) xx

I dont get why people keep compairing it to twilight ....I just dont see the similaraties:shrug:.... Thats one of the reasons I started reading it ...thought it might have something to do with vampires ....:haha: .... Im glad it didnt !!Maybe they mean that Christian Grey is soooooooo Compelling...you just have to give in :kiss:....without him being any kinda supernatural being....

Im kinda upset today ...I've been reading that Ian Somerhalder might not be getting the role o Christian after all ?? Noooooooo :cry: ..... I think we will find out who will play in the movie next week ....

I HAVE to finish reading the book I'm on now so I can move onto these books! I LOVE books that suck ya in--as it sounds like these do!! :winkwink:

I think it is more to do with the way Edward loves Bella and would do absolutely anything to protect her and I think so would Christian for Ana and that is really the comparison.

They are addictive to read but I'm gonna go against the grain and say they are TERRIBLY written.

Worth a read, but the sex became boring half way through, I was actually flicking the pages past it cos I couldn't be bothered with how repetitive it was!

I just ordered some bits from the Fifty shades obsessed page :haha:

ive read the first book and purchased the second one straight after as there are so addicitive, im half way thru the second one at the moment they are brilliant i really recommend them :)

also i watched twilight the other night for the first time and straight away it reminded me of 50 shades but then i was told that the author produced or directed the film, she had something to do with it anyway

There are certain bits in the book that annoy me, like 'he cocks his head to the side' she says this about 100 times through the first book :haha: but all in all I felt like I could imagine it as a film and that for me made it worth reading.

I was abit unsure on whether to read the book of not as everyone was on about how rude it is.

In the end I travelled round at least 3 different supermarkets looking for the book and I'm gonna start reading it tomorrow.

Book 1 is exciting, new and it draws you in once your past the first few chapters, then book 2 is when things start to come more real and book 3 is incredible.

WSS^

I have just finishd the 3rd its only taken me 3 days to read the whole series. They are definiatly the best books ive read in a while and i feel lost now ive finished them already i wish the books went on forever (though i would never get any housework done lol). So definiatly a good read. I know loads of people who dont normally read who have gone and bought the first book juat for the sex in it and dont really care about the story. Yes its got a lot of sex but the story as a whole is what makes this series so good x

I dont get why people keep compairing it to twilight ....I just dont see the similaraties:shrug:.... Thats one of the reasons I started reading it ...thought it might have something to do with vampires ....:haha: .... Im glad it didnt !!Maybe they mean that Christian Grey is soooooooo Compelling...you just have to give in :kiss:....without him being any kinda supernatural being....

Im kinda upset today ...I've been reading that Ian Somerhalder might not be getting the role o Christian after all ?? Noooooooo :cry: ..... I think we will find out who will play in the movie next week ....

:haha: I think it's just because it's as big as twilight now, same as when they compare Twilight to The Hunger Games lol like yes where the hell are the similarities.

Also people get confused because FSG started as a twilight fanfic called The Master of The Universe. The only difference between the 2 being the names.

From what i've heard Ryan Gosling is favourite to play. He's nice but not sure. Either way i'm not sure how the film will pan out, I think it will be good but not a brilliant adaptation of the book, how can they show all that sex? :haha:

xxx

Book 1 is exciting, new and it draws you in once your past the first few chapters, then book 2 is when things start to come more real and book 3 is incredible.

WSS^

I have just finishd the 3rd its only taken me 3 days to read the whole series. They are definiatly the best books ive read in a while and i feel lost now ive finished them already i wish the books went on forever (though i would never get any housework done lol). So definiatly a good read. I know loads of people who dont normally read who have gone and bought the first book juat for the sex in it and dont really care about the story. Yes its got a lot of sex but the story as a whole is what makes this series so good x

If you like FSoG then read Bared To You. It's pretty much the same only they have both been abused, she is more forthcoming than him and tells him because he is rich and famous but he's more withdrawn. It's a harder read compared to FSoG because there are more shocking things in there and it isn't solely based on BDSM, whereas FSoG starts with his contract pretty much straightaway BTY isn't like that, he doesn't make her sign an NDA or have a contract. It's raunchy dont get me wrong and I am still a bigger fan of FSoG but I can't wait for deeper in you to come out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->