5s vs 5c

Pearls18

Reaction score
I'm upgrading my phone in 2 weeks and can't decide which to go for. I definitely want an iPhone again as I have an iPad so I like them to sync, can transfer my data easily and DH and my mum have them so is just easier all around (I know there's always a samsung convert/fan wanting to lure us over :haha:)

The difference in price that I can see is having the 5s means I will need to pay £99 up front (for the tarrif and monthly fee I want) and about £5 more a month....is it worth it...or should I just go for the C? Because I can't see much difference.

I have a 5c and it is great for me - I also have an ipad mini so go between them

5s for me. didnt like the look of the 5c, & im a geek so gotta have the best & extra gadgets ;)
haha xx

I have the 5c, the only difference between the C and the S is obviously the look, the processor (the s is faster) and the thumb print lock option on the S.

I'm not sure if this will help if you're upgrading, but I got my C through this deal. £23.99 a month for 24 months, no upfront cost with the code.
I know it's expired, but may be worth ringing to see if they'll honour it over the phone. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-iphone-5c-23-99-pm-ee-term-575-76-1875737 x

The only diff's between the S and C- is the S has a better camera flash. Plus the thumb recognition- really, that's about it. The rest is so minimal you'd never really notice.

I went back and forth for a bit- but being that I bought mine outright (to save on our monthly bill)- I went with the 5C and LOVE it. I did get a tempered glass screen protector and a fun case... I really just wanted a better phone camera :) And it is compared to my 4S.

I have the 5C and its fine :) not worth the extra money for the S in my opinion. I got my C for 23.99 per month, no upfront cost, and a really good plan :thumbup:

I have the 5S and love it xxx

If you have been with the contract company a while could you maybe try and get a deal?
I have a samsung but just upgraded and they said id only manage to get it for the price I want if I pay £150 upfront. I reminded them I have used them for 9 years, made up a little lie I might change company as seen it cheaper and suddenly its available without the upfront fee. Mayne try that?

I went from the 5 to the 5S and honestly the only difference to me personally is the thumb sensor. The 5C, which is basically the 5, would be ideal if on a budget. I just personally don't like the look and colors. :flow:

Thanks everyone, I can get military discount through my husband so can get quite a good deal, I need to go in with him to EE to see what discount I will get off the phone as the internet doesn't say. For those with the £23.99 5C what size phone is it? My mum did this via phones4u but her phone is only 8GB and I was hoping to get 16GB x

My upgrade is in two weeks too and I'm going to go with the 5c. I'm not a heavy phone user so I don't see the better processor on the 5s being of any benefit to me. I also really like how colourful the 5c is :haha:

All new Apple iPhones start at 16GB. :flower:

The 5c starts at 8gb.

Personally I prefer the s, I think the c looks a bit cheap and plasticky with the colourful backs. I have a 5 but won't upgrade until September when the 6 is out as the difference between the 5 and the 5s is too minimal for me.

Yeah the 8gb was brought out in March, my current phone is only an 8 (as it's quite old now, a 4) I can barely keep anything on it every few months I have to transfer stuff onto my laptop so I would like something bigger.

Thanks everyone, I can get military discount through my husband so can get quite a good deal, I need to go in with him to EE to see what discount I will get off the phone as the internet doesn't say. For those with the £23.99 5C what size phone is it? My mum did this via phones4u but her phone is only 8GB and I was hoping to get 16GB x

16gb :flower:

I would go for the 5s as I dont really like the look of the C, but it sounds like you do.

As for the Iphone 6, there are rumours of 128gb memory option :shock:

They seem to be struggling with the battery though as getting it thin and powerful enough.

Thanks everyone, oh dear sounds like my mum was had with an 8gb :/ I won't mention it! I like the look of the 5S too but I barely use my phone. It stays upstairs most of the time as I use my iPad, but saying that it is only wifi and I will be back at work soon so using the phone more again, ah decisions, decisions. No idea how I will decide whether to have another baby or not lol.

:rofl: I am the most indecisive person too. It took me about three weeks to pick party invitations for KB's birthday party :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->