• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

5th disease exposure first trimester, so scared

Lisa7

Reaction score
Hi I am 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant with number 2. My 2 y.o. daughter was diagnosed with 5th disease 10 days ago. She had a fever 5 days before diagnosis. I had blood work done 14 days ago that indicated that I do not have anti bodies (IgG -ve) and am therefore at risk of getting 5th disease. Just did more bloodwork yesterday to see if I have had a recent 5th disease infection (testing for IgM). I did have a bit of a rash for 2 days at the same time my daughter did. I am so scared. I was exposed at 4 weeks and 3 days. I am afraid of the risks to the baby with such an early exposure. I read that the virus can infect the baby about 8 weeks after maternal exposure. So that means around 12 weeks for me. And I have read that the risk to the baby is highest from 9-20 weeks. Anyone else going through the same thing? I am so worried and my blood results won't be in for another 6 business days. So I won 't know until next Thursday. This wait is worse than the 2ww. Please help if you have some info that could help me.
Thanks
Lisa

Hey I had exposure at around your stage with ds2, nothing came of it, hope this is the case for you, it's a worrying thing isn't it :flower:

Dr called on Thursday, all clear! IgM -ve. So relieved :)

I had a scare over this too but bloods came back to show im already immune. Glad ur ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->