5th section...hoping for 'gentle section' this time

not2ez2bgreen

Reaction score
I will be having my 5th c-section in January.
My 1st was a c-section after a failed induction at 42 weeks.
2nd was a failed vbac after 20 hour labor and heart decels at 42 weeks.
3rd and 4th were failed homebirths after 48+ hour labors at 42 weeks.

This time around I'm not going to try for a vbac. It's just too much. I am nervous about 5 sections! I know I have a pretty significant amount of scar tissue on the outside. I have heard that I have a bit on the inside as well, but the last doctor did her best to clean it up. I had really terrible adhesions after my third, but have been much better after my fourth.

Each time I have asked more and more for what I want. This time will be my last and I really want to go fully family friendly, and gentle. Baby right on chest, delayed cord clamping, breastfeeding as soon as possible, lower lights and maybe music even. I found a doctor who does this as standard practice, but he's two hours away. Even for a doctor who does gentle c-sections as normal practice, has anyone had trouble getting to keep baby nearby because sewing back up after so many sections takes longer?

I'm also not too keen on the two hour ride home, but I think overall it would be worth it. Has anyone who has traveled for a birth gotten a hotel room for hubby, other kids and possibly a babysitter?

I have no advice as I will only be getting my second one but Im interested in hearing from others who had more than 2 sections

I just had my third csection a week ago. My first 2 were very speedy recoveries but this one is something else! Im on day 8 and can barely walk unassisted. The pain is excruciating, not the incision but the abdominal wall muscles. The Surgery itself went super well and very quick. Baby was on me immediately and I was in and out in an hour. Super simple uncomplicated surgery. It's the recovery that is hell. I was warned by the nurses that the more csections you get the harder and more painful the recovery but I never expected this. However as long as surgery went well and baby is ok everything else is manageable. Good luck and I'm sure you will get the gentle approach you are looking for xx

thanks for your response laila ... Im hoping my recovery too will be speedy as I was literally walking around the ward the following morning with my DD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->