5w 6d...bleeding :(

BebVern

3 MC, on a break (TTC #1)
Reaction score
Over the last few days, I've had some brown/pinkish CM when I wiped. I wasn't too concerned until yesterday when after I had a bath, I dried myself and saw a small patch of bright red blood on the towel. Needless to say this freaked me out :/ the spotting was very light and stopped very fast. I know spotting is fairly common at this stage of pregnancy so tried to put it out of my mind.
However, after coming home from work today I noticed that I was bleeding again. A little more than yesterday, but still a very small amount, and once again it appears to have stopped. I've had no pain, and the bleeding is extremely light.

Had anyone else had this? Should I be mentally preparing myself for miscarriage? :(

Don't worry yourself too much it could just be nothing, i'm 9 weeks and have had small bleeds and cramping, I've had 2 scans so far and everything is fine. I'd say it's just spotting but give your doctor a call to let them know, if they think it's a cause for concern I'm sure they will check you over. Fingers crossed for you x

Thank you Shannonleigh. If it happens again tomorrow I'm going to call the midwife and ask for some advice.
I checked my cervix today and it seemed a little rough and closed; there was no blood but a tiny amount of brown CM. Not sure whether poking around has caused the fresh blood to appear...I'll just hang tight and hope for the best over the next few days. Hopefully I'll make it to my midwife appointment on Monday with no more bleeds :)

Hi there,

I am in exactly the same boat. Today I noticed brownish spotting after BM(sorry about the TMI) but I had a small amount of spotting throughout the day(brown). Tonight I put on a pad and saw drops of bright red blood and when I wiped it was reddish. I want to stay positive but am preparing for the worst. I guess only time will tell? I think it is too early for a scan b/c they won't really see anything, right? I hope you get good news.

More bleeding overnight, so I went to the GP today who has referred me to the early pregnancy department for a scan on Thursday. Since I'm not having pain or clots and once again the bleeding has stopped, she said to try and stay positive, but only time will tell.

I just have a horrible feeling in my gut that it's all over already. I still have very sore boobs and am a little queasy, but this is probably from shock rather than pregnancy.

I'm on be rest until Thursday, when I'll find out if there is a heartbeat or not. :(

Gettinginfo - looks like you're due the day after me. Keeping everything crossed for both of us x

BebVern, I'm going through nearly the exact same thing, except that I'm over 7 weeks along. I get a scan tomorrow morning, and I'll find out if the worst is happening. I'll let you know the outcome of my situation, although after 2 other miscarriages (and a rainbow baby the 3rd time around), I'm not terribly optimistic. Having recurrent losses tends to suck the joy right out of early pregnancy, so I'm already expecting my bean to be gone.

Wookie - thanks for your post. I'm feeling the same; it's hard to be optimistic, even though this is my first pregnancy. Blood is never something you want to see. Sending you hugs xx

I was exactly 5w6d when I started bleeding, and everything turned out okay. The bleeding was so heavy it was like a strong period. I thought for sure it was over, but it wasn't. It turned out I had a SCH, bleeding in the uterus. It's actually quite common in early pregnancy. I'm almost 10 weeks and have had 4 ultrasounds since the bleeding that showed nothing wrong with the baby.

I hope everything is okay. :hugs:

Thanks for the positive words Patchey, they're definitely welcome at the moment :) glad you and baby are ok, and have a healthy pregnancy from here. X

i had a bleed at exactly 6 wks and was told it was a subchrionic hematoma. i bled for 3 days and then it stopped. at the time of the bleed there was no heartbeat and i was told to rest for a while. the sch cleared up by 2nd tri even though i bled a few times throughout 1st and 2nd. no problems at all related to bleeding after the 21 week scan xx

stay positive hun, bleeding is common and a lot of the time nothing is really wrong. hopefully you'll have good news on thursday xx

At early pregnancy it can go both ways. I've had a bleed that resulted in miscarriage, but bleeding got progressively worse over few days and then I had very terrible pain. Next time I had very light bleed that lasted almost 2 weeks but was just some weird hormonal thing and baby was fine, and now is a healthy chubby toddler :)

I would say think positive, but also prepare a part of yourself that it can go either way. I really hope that everything will be fine, as you say you have light bleeds but nothing severe I hope that will be good news for you :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks everyone. After sleeping a couple of hours I've woken up to another light bleed, but still no pain or clotting. All my other pregnancy symptoms are still there...can't help feeling that it's giving me false hope, which is so cruel :(

Like you say, I can literally do nothing but rest and wait until the scan now. If it's good news, then great; if not, I'll just have to deal with it and prepare myself for TTC again.

With my first pregnancy i had a subchorionic hemmorage and i bled ALOT. To the point where i.didnt even want to go to the ultrasound the next morning because i was so sure i had miscarried. There was clots and everything else you dont wish to see in early pregnancy. Needless to say, i went for the ultrasound and the baby was fine. She is now 3 and healthier then ever. Hope this helps!

BebVern,

I am praying for you and me:). I had some spotting this AM again after wiping. Ugh, I left a message with my OB but haven't heard anything back yet. I hope your scan goes very well. It is very nice to hear all of the positive stories from everyone. I will be thinking of you on Thursday!

You're not in any pain and you're still having symptoms, so that's a good sign. I have heard of women who bleed throughout their entire pregnancy and go on to have healthy babies. I wish you all the best and will pray you.

OK so I'm really confused now. I woke up today to find the bleeding had stopped again - still no clots, or pain (a little cramp-like discomfort, but not 'pain'). All my pregnancy symptoms are still there.

I took my BBT this morning, with the intention of starting a new chart, and it's higher than it was when I finished charting after my BFP! The wait and uncertainty is killing me. God's sake!

Beb, I told you I'd update on my own situation, and hopefully it gives you some comfort.

I got my scan this morning, and much to my shock, there was an 8 week old baby bouncing around in there, with a strong heartbeat of 167 bpm. They have no idea what is causing the bleeding, and spotting episodes. They reassured me not to worry unless I began having bright red bleeding that soaks a pad in an hour, and I don't need to be seen again for another 4 weeks. :happydance: So, it doesn't always end badly!

Oh Wookie, that's BRILLIANT news! I'm so happy for you, what a relief. You have a determined little raspberry-sized baby :happydance:

The lack of bleeding today has given me a little bit of hope. I'm staying realistic that tomorrow may show an empty scan, but I feel more prepared for whatever the outcome. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->