5w 6d...bleeding :(

Bebvern only just seen this.. keeping everything crossed for you that tomorrow shows a healthy bubba! xxx

Just thought I'd update you...

I have just got back from hospital after 5 hours (!!!) and was given enough information to boggle my mind..

Firstly, the bleed was caused by a haematoma, which was quite large and on the top-right of my uterus. The scan showed that the gestational sac was measuring small (about 5w 4d) when I'm supposed to be 6w 2d today. The ultrasound tech could not find a fetal pole, a yolk sac or a heartbeat :( There is no chance that my dates are out, so unfortunately looks like an early MMC. If it wasn't for the haematoma bleed, I'd still have no clue.

Not only that - there's more, folks - I've been diagnosed with an arcuate uterus, a type of uterine malformation which causes the roof of the womb to six concave instead of convex. I was assured that this should not have any bearing on my ability to carry a viable pregnancy; it was just a shock to hear three lots of bad news in one hit.

I have to return on Saturday to confirm that my hcg levels are dropping, and can then make a decision on what to do next. I'm guessing I just have to wait to start expelling the 'products of conception'. :(

Thanks for all the support over the past few days xxx

Oh gosh what a horrible day you've had :( I'm so sorry you've had to ho through all that. I hope you're now in your pjs with your feet up and a nice cuppa. Hugs xxx

Beb, I'm so sorry to hear this. My first pregnancy ended in a mmc as well...it's hard, but time will heal your heart and perhaps we'll see you back here very soon!

Thanks everyone. You've seriously all been exactly what I needed during this shitty week. I'm feeling weirdly positive considering...I've probably cried myself out over the past week! We are keen to start TTC as soon as the bleeding stope and my new cycle starts properly. Fingers crossed...hopefully we'll have a baby in time for next new year :D x

Did they say how big your hematoma was, and if you are really gearing up to MC? I hate to give false hope, but the hematoma doesn't always cause a MC. We saw the faintest of a heartbeat at 5w6d and at my "8 week" scan I was measuring 8 days behind. By my next scan the baby had caught back up and was actually measuring 2 days ahead. I'm really hoping for a miracle for you!!! Fx

ETA: I also had a hemorrhage/hematoma identified at my 5w3d scan...due to bleeding.

Mara - thanks for your reply :) the haematoma was large, from what the doctor told me...about half of my uterus. They did stress 'a pretty large bruise-like bleed' and went on to explain about haematomas. The scans (I had normal and transvaginal scans to be sure) weren't showing anything inside the gestational sac at all. They tested my blood and my numbers looked low...and tonight I've started bleeding me heavily.

Thanks for your input. If I hadn't received such seemingly definite news today if be a little more optimistic, but it definitely sounds like this pregnancy is over for me x

So sorry Beb, I know how heartbreaking MMC's are, best of luck when you start trying again x

Sorry to hear this news Beb. You sound very strong and I know that you will be back on this forum in no time. Stay positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->