5w3d bleeding help!

Momstar

Reaction score
im 5w3d and I woke up this morning with bleeding. Bright red, like a very light period but not enough to need a pad or liner. I of course panicked and called my RE who had me come in to have an ultrasound to see if we could see where the bleeding was coming from. We didn’t see a gestational sac just fluid in my uterine lining which he said was likely blood. He said it may be too early to see anything on ultrasound and he said sometimes bleeding just happens and doesn’t always mean miscarriage. Anybody ever have this before and everything be ok?

It's correct that bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage. I had major red bleeding, filled a tampon and then a pad, along with very painful cramps, and baby was okay. My OB couldn't find where the blood had come from.

I do wonder about the lack of a gestational sac at over 5 weeks. I'd expect that to be seen by this point. I wish you the best and hope you get some good news at your next scan.

I agree they should have had seen a sac but we are not 100% sure how far along I am 5w3d is just an estimate

When was your af? If it was your RE, then you would have had some sort of treatment I assume?

Even at 4wks, they should see something. The start of something, thick lining, seeing nothing is not good.

I had an early scan and they couldn't see anything on a normal ultrasound, so I had a transvaginal and they were able to see a lot more. Hopefully it's just too early. Good luck!

Hope everything is OK. Thinking of you.

Fx it isnt anything to worry about!

I'm hoping I'm wrong but this happened to my friend, she was around 4 or 5 weeks with bleeding and there was no sac or anything to see, sure enough sadly she did pass it all with the bleeding and her HCG was then slowly dropping, I really hope your situation is something different though that's just the experience I know of what you've asked x

Transvaginal or abdominal ultrasound?
I was wondering this also. I just had a scan at 7w 1d privately, they did abdominal. Having had early scans around the same time with all my babies I only had vaginal with them and the difference is amazing! I felt annoyed that they didn't do vaginal this time as things weren't anywhere near as clear. She tried measuring which was clear she was struggling, and ended up putting me back to 6w 4d (something that only happened when I miscarried at 8w, so of course it panicked me).
If they did abdominal then I'd ask if it could be done again vaginally instead.
Otherwise I wonder how far off you could be on dates? I'm not sure what you should see by when, the earliest I saw a heartbeat was 5w 6d with DS2.
I hope everything is ok

When was your af? If it was your RE, then you would have had some sort of treatment I assume?

Even at 4wks, they should see something. The start of something, thick lining, seeing nothing is not good.
Nobtreatnent this was a natural conception. Irregular periods so no way to know yet

Hopefully you just aren’t as far as you think. I had some spotting at 5 weeks and again at 7.5 weeks with this pregnancy. Also i bled very heavy in the first trimester when I was pregnant with my 3rd DD. I had a hematoma which they could see the pooled blood on the ultrasound

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->