5w6d no yolk sac

vs011

Reaction score
Hi, I need some help as I am confused. I had my last period on July 13, we were intimate on July 22 and I missed my period in August. Got my hcg tested as well the ClearBlue and they were both positive for pregnancy. I had an ultrasound recently and they only saw gestational sac, no yolk sac. I would've thought at least a blip of a yolk sac would've shown by now. They also did transvaginal and only saw gestational sac, no yolk sac. Then they started talking about worst case scenarios like miscarriages. Overall, one of the worst dr. Appts I've ever had.

I would like to know why your experiences were for those who got an ultrasound this early. I didn't mean to get an ultrasound this early but dr. suggested it and for some reason thought I was later than that based on last menstrual period which they dated me to 8 weeks. But based on my ovulation, I am just at 5.5weeks so their calculations were off.

Just sad and would like to read others responses. Thanks.

If you know for a fact that by ovulation you are only 5.5 weeks, then not seeing a yolk sac on even a trans-vaginal is normal! My doctors very rarely do scans before the 7 week mark. In these early days, things change fast in there.

I would personally not be worried. I would be more angry of how they handled it. I definitely recommend another scan in 2-3 weeks and possibly with someone else if that's an option.

Sending you :hug:

Thanks for your reply. TMI, but I just wiped this morning and saw opaque cervical mucus with some red tinge within. Any idea what this could mean?

Trans-vaginal scans can irritate your vagina/cervix. I had some bleeding with my first scan in my last pregnancy.

It can be really hard to tell to be honest. I would look out for any more fresh blood. As long as you do not continue to bleed I would imagine that you are okay.

Are you going back for a follow up scan in a few weeks? I’m in a similar situation had an early scan last week I thought I was 8 weeks by LMP last one was 11th July but the scan showed a 6 week fetus with heartbeat in sac. I was told they are unsure if it’s viable as my dates don’t match with theirs so have to go back next week... scares the shit out of me! 6 weeks matches up with when I ovulated but still so worried sometimgs wrong. You should request another scan.
I had pink tinged cervical mucus on two separate occasions and that’s why I had an early scan. They told me it’s very common. I also have a huge cyst which is causing my pain and possibly spotting... apparently ovarian cysts common in pregnancy. Try not to worry, Fingers crossed everything’s ok for you x

Hi Jamies,

I will have a follow up scan but due to my work schedule I can only go back at 9weeks LMP. Dr is fine with that but said if I bleed a lot in the meantime to call her.

I continue to see my cm mixed with red blood when i wipe. I also have a small ovarian cyst, was told it is common. I hope it turns out ok for both of us. Keep me posted how it is going for you!

Hi Jamies,

I will have a follow up scan but due to my work schedule I can only go back at 9weeks LMP. Dr is fine with that but said if I bleed a lot in the meantime to call her.

I continue to see my cm mixed with red blood when i wipe. I also have a small ovarian cyst, was told it is common. I hope it turns out ok for both of us. Keep me posted how it is going for you!

That’s good your getting another scan.
I bled a bit after the internal ultrasound, was also told this was normal as long as it wasn’t a lot and continued.
I was also told the bleeding could be down to the cyst I have so that may be the same for you, fingers crossed anyway! Thanks, I have a scan on Friday to check development... the waits the worst! I’m so scared. Hoping it’s a good outcome for us both x

Hi Jamies, how was your scan? Sending lots of light to you xx

I wouldn't be concerned. When I was pregnant with my son who is now 7 by my calculation I was 7 weeks. Had an early scan due to pain and they said I was 5+5. They only saw an empty sac. They spoke about a dnc and I was like no way. I came back a week later and there he was with a strong heartbeat. It's so common I really wouldn't worry. Easier said than done I know. What's meant to be will be xx

Hi Jamies, how was your scan? Sending lots of light to you xx

My second scan went well thanks, I should of been 8 weeks exactly by their dates but was measuring 8wks 4days, seen the heartbeat again and baby was wiggling around. My cyst has grown slightly it was 8cm and it now 8.5 cm so they are just going to keep an eye on the cyst at my next scans. For now I have been discharged from EPU as they are happy pregnancy is progressing. How are you doing? I hope all is well with you x

Hi I'm glad everyone has worked out.

I wanted to update. I miscarried shortly after that last scan and had my period the same time I miscarried. There was still a empty gestational sac, no yolk sac or heartbeat ever present. It wasn't meant to be. I went through the grieving process and now a few months later, we are trying again. I'm still not sure I am fully done grieving but at least we try again.

My youngest was 2 weeks behind in development (embryo with no heartbeat)
and I was given progesterone.
The first effects that I felt was my body resuming work like a factory and by thr next appointment he was back to his original date...meaning 10 weeks instead of the expected 8!
I have never seen a doctor so confused.

I had 2 chemicals in a row with faint pos.
This is my 3rd pregnancy in a row, I took progesterone, and the test is dark. Hoping it will help.

So sorry for your loss and gl when you decide you’re ready to try again. Big hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->