5w6d Spotting and HCG rising but not doubling...

MessyTess2016

Reaction score
Hello ladies! Just wondering if anyone has insight or a shared experience.
I'm driving myself crazy!!

We got our BFP on Friday Aug 12 and on Wed Aug 16 I started spotting, brown and pink at first, then some red.. and back and forth...starting and stopping. I had a little bit of cramping but nothing major.. now I am still spotting (Day #7 now) but no cramps or anything.

I have had my blood taken 3 times but only have results for 2 of them, the Dr. said my HCG is rising but not quite doubling... I didn't get the HCG #'s unfortunately (I will be asking when i speak to her next).

So I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced anything like this and what your outcomes were...

Thanks for reading!! <3

After the HCG levels reach a certain level they stop doubling from what I understand. Are you having any bright red blood? I had some tan colored discharge at around that time and when I went to Dr they said my cervix was just irritated. Try to relax although I know that's easier to say than do. Do you have a scan scheduled in the next couple weeks?

After the HCG levels reach a certain level they stop doubling from what I understand. Are you having any bright red blood? I had some tan colored discharge at around that time and when I went to Dr they said my cervix was just irritated. Try to relax although I know that's easier to say than do. Do you have a scan scheduled in the next couple weeks?

I have had some bright red... not much though... no clots however, so i'm calling that good news. I don't have a scan scheduled as my DR is actually on holidays. I have an appt with her on the 31st when she is back and I am hoping to get in close after that... i'll be more in the 7 week range too, so there is a better chance of seeing something.

I called the Dr and asked for the numbers... and I feel crushed...

This must be going towards a M/C... the numbers are so crazy low

Aug 17 - 163
Aug 19 - 208
Aug 22 - 272

There are no words really... I'm not sure why the doc wouldnt call me and tell me this, why would they want to keep checking numbers... these are really just way too low no?

I don't want to worry you hun but I had mid cycle spotting (what I thought was) which I never have so after 5 days sone a test found out I was pregnant but k ew in hearts of hearts something wasn't right. Had my bloods drawn and they rises slowly I even stopped bleeding had blogs drawn again 5 days later and they dropped soon enough I started heavy bleeding. It's not always the case but it does happen. I will keep my fingers crossed for you xx

Think positive I had spotting on and off for 3 weeks from week 4 to 7 and I think I gona miscarry but at 7 weeks my numbers went in 6 digits.....I'm praying for you ...

Im sorry hun but with those numbers Id be preparing myself for the worst &#128532; ... I had very similar numbers back in December and then they started dropping. I hope im wrong but I'm just being honest rather than giving you false hope x

Im sorry hun but with those numbers Id be preparing myself for the worst &#128532; ... I had very similar numbers back in December and then they started dropping. I hope im wrong but I'm just being honest rather than giving you false hope x

I appreciate your honesty hun! I'd really just like to know either way... hanging in the balance is the worst kind of torture!!

They called me on my way home and told me to come pick up a req form for an early ultrasound. I still havent spoken to the Dr, but on the form it said ultrasound to determine location of pregnancy, so i assume that they are thinking it might be ectopic...

I have the U/S booked for friday morning and i'll keep having my blood drawn every 2 days unless they tell me to stop.

:(

I'm sorry for what you're going through :( I have also had similar numbers in the past and mine ended up being a blighted ovum. It's good you've got an early scan as you never can tell just from numbers. There are some incredible stories of everything working out just fine. Thinking of you. Xx

So sorry to read this. I hope things work out for the best but I agree with pp's... prepare yourself for the worst. It's good that you are getting a scan though. Keep us updated. Thinking of you xx

Thank you for the kind words ladies... I will update you after the scan friday...

So far im still lightly spotting and dont feel any different.

xo

MessyTess, I am going through almost the same exact thing. I haven't started bleeding but my hcg levels aren't doubling like they should, they are going up but not quite doubling.
8/12 47
8/19 224
8/22 354
Go back tomorrow for another draw to see what is going on. Hoping this isn't an ectopic and I lose a tube. Wishing you the best of luck, too.

MessyTess, I am going through almost the same exact thing. I haven't started bleeding but my hcg levels aren't doubling like they should, they are going up but not quite doubling.
8/12 47
8/19 224
8/22 354
Go back tomorrow for another draw to see what is going on. Hoping this isn't an ectopic and I lose a tube. Wishing you the best of luck, too.

That is exactly what is causing me panic... i had my left ovary removed in October.. I only have 1 tube left. *sigh*

Wishing you the best in tomorrows scan. My numbers are also low and not quite doubling, but are raising. Looking for a happy ending to hold on to <3

Yesterday's draw came in at 288.... Feeling hopeless right now.

Spotting has almost stopped completely, its all so confusing. Tomorrow should hopefully have some answers although from what I understand you dont see much on a scan unless you have at least 2000 hcg count so I'm not sure what to expect.

xo

I had a chemical at the beginning of the month and so I know what you're going through. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

I hope you get some answers today at your scan xx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->