5weeks 2days no heartbeat??

nini0914

Reaction score
I went for a check up today with my ob gyn and we cud not hear a heart beat on the doppler. She said it might be too soon den had me schedule my ultrasound from august 27th to 19th and she wants me to see a high risk doctor as well. I don't kno if I should b worried or not :cry:

I'm pretty sure that would be def too early. The baby's heart doesn't start beating until around six weeks.

tbh, I'm surprised she would even try...that is just setting you up for a bunch of unnecessary worry and panic.

I am really surprised she would try with a Doppler at 5 weeks?!?! Do you know how tiny a 5 week old baby is? lol... That would make me nervous and I would probably switch my doctor... With that being said I really think it is just too early. You usually don't see the heart beating on ultrasound till about 6 weeks..

that's a little nuts, wonder why on earth she'd try at just 5 weeks :wacko: Usually it isn't until 12 weeks or higher before you can hear a heartbeat...

That is way too early to hear it from the outside. My ob tried at 9 and warned that was early but we did hear it. Before 7 I am pretty sure its a transvaginal they use to detect it and then its seen not heard. Just my experience and what I've read, obviously I am not a doc :)

Thank you guys so much because i was getting scared. Now i am considering changing my doctors because i had an ultrasound when i went to the ER on the 9th and they said the baby is not in the tube so that was good and they also did my beta levels. i went to the doctor on the 13th to get blood work and to answer some questions regarding my medical history and today they told me my beta levels was going up but they insisted that i make my ultrasound appointment sooner to make sure its not a tubal pregnancy because they cant really tell so now im getting mixed signals

Yeah I agree. Way too early. Try not to worry sweety. They didnt see the HB with this baby until I was almost 7 wks.

Too early to hear a heartbeat. I would be surprised if they could even see anything at this point. Don't worry yourself.

Yeah... I didn't hear anything on the doppler at my doctor's office at nearly 10 weeks. We didn't see it on an ultrasound either until 7 weeks when a week before it wasn't visible. I definitely wouldn't worry because you couldn't hear anything that early at all.

What a stupid doctor! Didnt they tell u heart doesnt start beating until 6 weeks?!

I had an ultrasound at 5+2 with my first and 5+4 with this one, no heartbeat either time.

I have one healthy DD and one beating heart at my 8 week scan.

Don't worry it's normal.

THANKS YOU GUYS I WAS NERVOUS BEFORE BUT NOW I SEE THAT IT WAS JUST THE STUPID DOCTOR NOT GOING TO WORRY 5 WEEKS 3 DAYS AND COUNTING EDD APRIL 16:baby:

THANKS YOU GUYS I WAS NERVOUS BEFORE BUT NOW I SEE THAT IT WAS JUST THE STUPID DOCTOR NOT GOING TO WORRY 5 WEEKS 3 DAYS AND COUNTING EDD APRIL 16:baby:

Most people won't even see a baby on a scan at that stage, some wont even see it till 7 weeks , hb won't start till after 6 weeks and most midwives won't even listen to one until 16 weeks. Don't worry your are fine xxxx

In the UK midwives don't even try to listen with a doppler until 16 weeks or so.
My friend is studying to be a midwife and she was pretty surprised I found my baby's hb at 10 weeks, with a doppler! As your uterus hasn't risen out of your pelvis yet!

And 5 weeks is usually too early to even see a hb on a scan aswell! So I have NO IDEA why your OB would even try! That's ridiculous!!

I had a transvaginal scan at 5 weeks 3 days and they could only see the gestational sac and yolk sac, and they were pleased as pie and said everything looked great. You might be better off with a different doc, as there is no need to cause such unnecessary fear by giving you inaccurate info!

I had a transvaginal scan at 5 weeks 3 days and they could only see the gestational sac and yolk sac, and they were pleased as pie and said everything looked great. You might be better off with a different doc, as there is no need to cause such unnecessary fear by giving you inaccurate info!

I had the same experience and I was 5+6! No heartbeat. Went on to have a healthy baby.

I definitely agree with the other ladies, i'd change doc if I were you! That would be enough to give anyone worries, and unnecessary ones at that!!

Agree with the other ladies - who uses a doppler to find the HB when you're only 5 weeks along and the baby doesn't even have a beating heart yet? My MW starts trying to find it at 14w because it's hard to find before that point and can cause unnecessary worry.

In my experience the midwives don't use the Doppler until after 16 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->