5weeks 2days no heartbeat??

i guess it really scared me because she made me move my ultrasound appointment up to the 19th when it was originally for the 27th and then not hearing a heartbeat jus freaked me out. She even said they will be able to see it on the ultrasound well atleast i know thats going to be another lie. Since it wont start beating til after 6 and monday i will only be 5 weeks and 5 days but you guys helped me sleep last night cus i was really worried

Why in the world would your OB even try to hear a HB via Doppler so early! You rarely can see more than the yolk sac and if lucky a fetal pole at 5 weeks! Usually 6 - 7 weeks when you can first see it on u/s and Doppler not until 8-9 weeks and that is even pushing it! A lot of OB's won't even try and listen via Doppler until around 12 weeks :/

i guess it really scared me because she made me move my ultrasound appointment up to the 19th when it was originally for the 27th and then not hearing a heartbeat jus freaked me out. She even said they will be able to see it on the ultrasound well atleast i know thats going to be another lie. Since it wont start beating til after 6 and monday i will only be 5 weeks and 5 days but you guys helped me sleep last night cus i was really worried

No offense but I would find a new OB! It is possible to see a HB at 5+5 as I did in 2 of my pregnancies but that is very rare!

When is the earliest you can see a heartbeat on ultrasound?

At about six weeks into pregnancy (four weeks from conception), you should be able to see your baby's heartbeat on ultrasound. The typical heart rate at this age is about 100 beats per minute. As your pregnancy progresses, your baby's average heartbeat will be between 120 and 160 beats per minute.
https://www.justmommies.com/articles/heartbeat-on-ultrasound.shtml

If I were her, I would of kept it on the 27th that way you would most likely see it. At not even 6 weeks you may not yet be able to see it and cause unnecessary worry for you

My ob never tried before 16 weeks, I didn't find my babies heartbeat till 8 weeks second pregnant, 9 first. My sons heart didn't beat till 6 weeks! There's no way they could find it and honestly I would judge her ability to be a great office to go to for even trying when I have never heard of anyone finding one at such a stage

No offense but I would find a new OB! It is possible to see a HB at 5+5 as I did in 2 of my pregnancies but that is very rare!

At about six weeks into pregnancy (four weeks from conception), you should be able to see your baby's heartbeat on ultrasound. The typical heart rate at this age is about 100 beats per minute. As your pregnancy progresses, your baby's average heartbeat will be between 120 and 160 beats per minute.

If I were her, I would of kept it on the 27th that way you would most likely see it. At not even 6 weeks you may not yet be able to see it and cause unnecessary worry for you

she said she is moving it up to make sure it is not a tubal pregnancy but i had one done on the 9th at the ER and they said it was in the uterus it wasnt in the tube. but for some reason she said she cant tell from that ultrasound so it looks like i will be finding another doctor because i cant deal with her incompetence got me all worried and worked up for no reason:growlmad:

You mean a doppler that you put on your stomach, or the transvaginal ultrasound that you hear the heartbeat. If she means the one you put on your stomach she is crazy!!! I couldn't hear mine til 15 weeks with that thing! The heart should start beating within the 5th week, but it doesn't mean you will always see it that early. I went in at 5+4 (and I knew my exact conception date) and they saw nothing but a gestational sack. No yolk, no fetal pole, nothing! I went back in at 6+2 and we saw the heartbeat. I wouldn't worry at all as it is way to early, especially for a doppler!!!

That's ridiculous she would even try! I had a scan around 6 1/2 weeks and the baby was soooooo tiny, if I had gone a week early I don't think I would of seen anything x

she said she is moving it up to make sure it is not a tubal pregnancy but i had one done on the 9th at the ER and they said it was in the uterus it wasnt in the tube. but for some reason she said she cant tell from that ultrasound so it looks like i will be finding another doctor because i cant deal with her incompetence got me all worried and worked up for no reason:growlmad:

I'm no expert but I think she should know where the baby is. My first I was scanned at 4+6 as they thought it was ectopic you could quite clearly see it wasn't even though sac was so small especially as they then scanned my tubes first off looking for her. I serious would find someone else xx

I'm no expert but I think she should know where the baby is. My first I was scanned at 4+6 as they thought it was ectopic you could quite clearly see it wasn't even though sac was so small especially as they then scanned my tubes first off looking for her. I serious would find someone else xx

So should i go to the appointment tom? or just find me another doctor and have them do everything ALL OVER since im still early

So should i go to the appointment tom? or just find me another doctor and have them do everything ALL OVER since im still early

I would go to the appointment but not expect to see a heartbeat on the ultrasound. If you do, great, but you probably won't because you're early. And I would start looking for a new doctor to switch to ASAP.

Hmm not sure it's completely upto you, you could go get the scan then find a new dr afterwards just in case the then wont rescan.

Is be finding a new Dr, that's ridiculous......a bunch of women on a forum know what they didn't.... Seriously, what a idiot to put you through that stress when you are so early. It actually makes me angry.

God your doctor sounds clueless! I would listen to all the lovely ladies on here and find a new doctor! I'm due around the same time as you. Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy. x

So its official ladies i will be changing my doctor after my appointment tom i cant deal with her and everyone is telling me the same thing its too early and she sould know that so wish me luck tom

Good luck hun let us know how it went xxxx

Hey Ladies just got in from the doctors and u guys told me not to worry and it was really nothing to worry about. baby is measuring at 6 weeks :thumbup: the baby is in the uterus :thumbup: and we were able to see the little flickering that they call the heart beat :thumbup: so now im all smiles again looking forward to a very healthy pregnancy :happydance:

Hey Ladies just got in from the doctors and u guys told me not to worry and it was really nothing to worry about. baby is measuring at 6 weeks :thumbup: the baby is in the uterus :thumbup: and we were able to see the little flickering that they call the heart beat :thumbup: so now im all smiles again looking forward to a very healthy pregnancy :happydance:

Yay! So happy for you! :)

Oh good I'm so pleased for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"