6 days PO.. need your expertise

heatdem16

Reaction score
Hi ladies!!
I am 6 days past ovulation and felt a little crampy yesterday and I feel crampy again today. Nothing excruciating but enough to notice. This is very unlike me, I never get crampy unless AF is visiting or I am ovulating. I have also been exhausted, moody and a little dizzy at times. I know it is too early to test, but I have been reading all over the internet, everything I read makes me think more and more that I am beginning implantation and I am going to be pregnant. I want to shout from the roof tops and I want to tell my husband, but if I am in fact pregnant I want to do something cute to surprise him, so I don't want him to expect it too much. My anticipation is driving myself crazy. I was wondering your thoughts from prior experiences, is it all in my head? What do you think my chances are?

If I were in your position I would think it was all in my head. As we've been at this for 9 months now and I've experienced TONS of things in the TWW that always have me thinking I could be pregnant....but I've never gotten a BFP.

It's alarming what you notice when you start TTC.

From what I've understood implantation doesn't happen until 7-12DPO, but there could be exceptions. It takes a couple days after implantation for you to start feeling any kind of pregnancy symptoms....so whatever you are feeling now is most likely not pregnancy related.

I read in several places that implantation occurs 6-12 days post ovulation and mild cramping days before is your uterus thinking getting ready for the implantation to occur. I read in several locations that cramping and fatigue are common 5 days po and 6 days po. It's also common to have tender breast which I don't. My symptoms seem to be right on and all the other months TTC.. I experienced no symptoms. I have this feeling like "I just know". Like I said in previous post though I could totally be overthinking. I was wondering if any ladies who are pregnant or have kids remember any symptoms at about is time? Time is ticking too slowly..

I agree with Beachy. It's probably too early to get excited (I know the waiting is a nightmare). Even if your body is gearing up for implantation remember it doesn't always mean implantation is going to be successful. It's hard getting a BFN when you're certain you're pregnant, been there done that. My BFPs have always been when I've least expected it. I only had a bit of mild cramping when AF was due and with DS that was it until about 8 weeks when tiredness and nausea hit me like a ton of bricks.

I really hope this is it for you, good luck.

After spending 8 years trying to conceive, I reckon most of the 2ww symptoms are all in our head. The times I actually were pregnant we're pretty average or symptomless. All of what you are describing sound like average post ovulation things, especially at 6DPO.

Well I know the cramps are definitely not in my head and this has never happened to me before. I wonder why I'm cramping 2 days in a row. The unsuccessful implantation is a good point. Geesh I didn't know the TWW was a thing.. but it's awful ;)

I never cramped ever during my cycle from age 12 to age 30 (I'm 31 now). Now I start cramping from 6dpo to the day before my period starts. Our bodies can change, and we also tend to notice or focus on things when TTC.

Thanks for all of you who doubted me. I know my body and I knew I was pregnant. I never overthought while TTC.. i just let nature take its course. The symptoms were not in my head and some people can in fact feel symptoms of pregnancy early on bc i got a BFP today. I have to say I was feeling so happy when I first started feeling symptoms until I posted in here and my suspicions were shot down with confidence like people were medically trained to know differently. Felt so low and disappointed, so happy my intuitions were right!

I'm very happy you got your BFP and wish you a happy and healthy 9 months but honestly everyone was speaking from experience and just suggesting you don't get your hopes up too high just incase. Enjoy your pregnancy.

Glad you ended up getting your BFP but no one was mean or harsh to you. We were just honest with our experiences as a lot of us have been on this TTC journey for quite some time now and have had tons of TWW's where we were convinced we were pregnant because we were feeling something new.

You asked, and I quote I was wondering your thoughts from prior experiences, is it all in my head? What do you think my chances are?

So you got our honest opinions. It's not our fault they upset you. There is no need to try and make us feel like the bad guys just because we didn't say what you wanted to hear.

Harden up, seriously. No one was being negative, just didn't want you to get too hopeful and have a potential disappointment. You're going to have to learn to take people's opinions without getting upset if you are going to be a parent!

Congrats!

"You're going to have to learn to take people's opinions without getting upset if you are going to be a parent!"

SOOO true. Everyone is going to be telling what you should and shouldn't be doing while both growing and raising this child. So good luck there and congrats.

I posted on other websites and people had a much nicer way to respond to me. Over and over again. With people who thought i was AND people who thought i wasn't. There are other ways to say things to people, but despite me saying that I read about symptoms and it's what I'm feeling people here still continued to say "there are no symptoms and it's all in my head". I mean honestly, just now you say if I'm going to be a parent I need to be more receptive. So quick to be judgmental as to who I am and what I am capable of, little do any of you know, I am a full time stepmother to two children who I raised from being itty bitty, I am the only mom they know and I am a teacher. I am told how wonderful I am at both roles consistently.

I've only just seen this but anyone who has been ttc for several months will know that often you have a cycle with so many symptoms or several strong symptoms that you are sure you are pregnant...... And yet you are not. I have been pregnant twice but in the last 6 months there have been several occasions I have skipped home to test knowing I was pregnant and planning how to tell my husband, only to get a negative test.

I really think the people here where giving honest opinions which is what you asked for and trying to protect you from being disappointed if you got a negative.

Lucky you just knowing you were pregnant and being right, a lot of us are not that lucky and we try to help and protect those around us who are heading for the same falls we have already suffered. This is the most supportive, friendly and helpful forum I have ever found and it has supported me through the hardest time of my life.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.

you literally asked us if it was all in your head....then got upset when we suggested that it probably was.

I give up. We are meanies. Even though I whole-heartily believe there isn't one mean person on this site. I'll tell you what you want to hear.

Only 3 people had responded before you replied saying you had a BFP, they just happened to be 3 people who had experienced symptoms when they weren't pregnant. No one said you weren't pregnant just that so soon after O it's normally to soon to count on any symptoms. I really don't see how it's mean to answer your question! It's not about proving us right or wrong, it's about being in this TTC journey together.

Also no one was doubting your credentials to be a parent, but all parents get told they're doing it wrong at some point, in real life or on the internet. That doesn't mean you are doing it wrong normally just that someone else does things differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->