6 month old and sleep

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Yet another sleep thread from me. Lol. His sleep is all over the place. Some nights he sleeps great and only wakes once and I think great and then we have nights like last night where he is up every 2/3 hours. He was harder to settle for bed last night so I knew I was in for a rough one. Once he was asleep I had quite a big glass of fizzy red fanta. Im wondering if that contributed to the bad night. I usually avoid fizzy drink and caffiene. Anyway else in the same boat? Thanks in advance x

Forgot to say that he has to be fed everytime he wakes up. It probably does not help that I feed him to sleep everynight. He does not have a dummy and he wont take a bottle either. I took him to be weighed on wednesday and he is 18lb 8oz. X

My little guy isn't quite 6 months old yet, but I can tell you what a typical night for him looks like. He doesn't have a pacifier and would take a bottle if offered, but I choose to nurse him when he is with me. He has a bottle while with the sitter during the day. Around 8:00p we get changed into pajamas and turn off the light. I nurse him to sleep. (Up until recently we were co sleeping so I would lay down and nurse, however to break the co sleeping habit i stopped laying down to nurse and started laying him down once he is sound asleep.) He is usually down for the first time around 9:00p and sleeps until 1:30a. I also feed him every time he wakes up. We get up again around 3:30a, 5:00a and are up for the day around 6:00am.

I hope that helps!

I'm not an expert, but I don't think what you drink will make that much difference. Substances are not passed on through breast milk as easily as across the placenta when pregnant. Is there anything else that could be keeping him up? Teething? My LO is almost 6 months and similarly up and down with sleep.

Anything that made my LO overtired (waking slightly early, 10mins less nap time, bedtime delay of any kind) would lead to my LO taking hours to settle at night and wake ups much more frequent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->