6 month old feeding on the clock

ece77

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

DD turned 6 months 2 weeks ago. She has always been a snacker but now it seems she wants to nurse every hour, for only 5 mins. I've been keeping track for a few days just to be sure, and yes, it is so!

So my questions are:

- Can teething cause snacking? She has 2 already and seems to be getting some more soon...

- Can my supply be diminishing? She's almost exclusively BF (we started with very little solids, a little pear hear, some avocado there). She was putting on at least 750-800 gr each month. But last month she gained only 300. Her pedi said you should count each tooth for 150 gr, because babies feed less/gain less when teething. But I'm not sure of that?!

- In any case, is there something I can do to encourage her to nurse less frequently for a longer period? I've tried nursing while lying (infact we always do so when she's falling asleep) and nursing in the dark; but they didn't help much. I can't hold off nursing much because she just goes crazy -unless we're outside!

- Can this be the 6 month grow spurt (combined with teething perhaps)?

- And any other suggestions really! It's not a big problem when she's awake. But she also wants to nurse everytime she wakes up (for naps 40 mins, for nighttime 1 hour exactly). So I'm really desperate for any solution that could work.

Thanks in advance...

No suggestions really - I think I remember my lg doing this and she outgrew it. Could be that her gums are sore or that she's increasing your supply for growth spurt. It won't last forever - just go with it.

We froze some breast milk in Annabel karmel ice lolly mould for babies and she devoured them... Might be worth a try ? Soothing if teeth are bothering her and another way to get milk in her.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->