6 month old keeps biting me!

Sarah lo

mum of 2 little monkeys!
Reaction score
my lo has started to clamp down on my nipple and i'm at a loss as to how to stop him doing it.

he does it when he's finished his feed but wants to continue sucking so i think he's trying to stop the milk flow. or he might even just be doing it for fun because whenever he does it, i unlatch him and tell him no and he just laughs at me :dohh: as soon as he's finished laughing at me he latches on again and bites me again.

luckily he doesn't have any teeth yet but it still bloomin hurts!

any advice how i can stop him doing it? i think he's too young to understand the firm "no" i've been telling him.

Have you tried swapping sides when he does it? It could be that he's frustrated and trying to get another let down?

no, I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try. thanks x

Mine does this at the end of a feed, it seems to mean either "I'm all done, now I want to muck about" or "hey I'm still hungry, where's the milk?". I tend to take him off, tell him we don't bite (not that he understands it) and offer the other side. Sometimes he takes it, sometimes not. I'm hoping he stops at some point, it hurts!

Hr can learn at this age, have a finger ready and instantly break his latch when he stops actively sucking. If he seems to want more.I would offer the other side but same.thing take him off as soon as he is done. If he manages to bite before you can get him off you can tell him something like "I can't nurse when you bite" and put him down on the floor. He will learn :)

thanks for the replies everyone. a couple of days ago his first tooth appeared and he's stopped biting me. I think he was using my nipple as a teether! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->