6 months plus and Vitamins?

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi do most people give their LO's Vitamins when you breastfeed past 6 months? My little boy is over 7 months now and EBF and he doesnt really have much solid food. So i am wondering if I need to give him Vitamins? When I last had him weighed I mentioned to the Health Visitor and she said he looks fine but I can if I want too. Which Vitamins are the best too use? Thanks in advance x

I did with DS to make sure he was getting enough vitamin D as it's difficult to get that from food. I had to try a few types to find one my DS would actually take, it also needed to be vegetarian for us so that influenced our options.

Thankyou. I will go into boots tomorrow and ask in therex

Vitamin D is the only one. There is some research to suggest that artificial iron can stop the absorption of the natural iron in breastmilk (which although low in amount is extremely highly absorbed - which artificial iron is not), so you may want to consider Vit D only supplements rather than a multi vitamin while still breastfeeding, and just take a supplement yourself if you think your diet isn't great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->