6 week fetal HR

swimmyj1

Reaction score
Trying not to worry but that’s impossible. I had a 6 week ultrasound baby measured at 5 weeks 6 days and fetal HR was 99. My doctor said anything under 120 is usually a sign of a miscarriage :( I go for another scan next week. Anyone having any success with a low HR at 6 week scan?

Mine was 118 at 6w. I was told that was normal. I don’t think 99 is bad for 5w6d

I just had a heart rate measured at 123 at 6w3d, but in a previous pregnancy, my other doctor didn't even bother recording the rate at the same gestational age. He said there could be SO much variability that early that it only mattered whether there WAS a heart beat

Thanks gals with my dd at 6 weeks she was 120.

I think I’m also freaked because I have no pregnancy symptoms. And with my dd I was sick all the time. Only with miscarriages did I have no symptoms :(

At 5w6d the heart is just starting to pump, so I really don't think that is bad for that gestation. Try not to worry <3 hugs!

Wow I&#8217;m really surprised the doctor would say that to you?? 5+6 is remarkably early to even SEE a heartbeat regardless of the rate. They do eventually want heart rate above 120 but that&#8217;s not until around 7+ weeks. I would definitely take that with a grain of salt - try not to worry, it&#8217;s excellent news you were able to see a heartbeat that early. I&#8217;m sure if you go back in a week it&#8217;ll have sped up considerably!

It could have literally just started pumping. They do start out slower.

I had a scan at 6w3d and the heartbeat was just at 95! I thought that was incredibly low, but my OB (who has been in this field since 1985) said anything above 90 at 6wks gestation is what he likes to see!

By the way- that baby is now a healthy 3 year old :)

Update * i had a rescan due to some spotting/cramping HR is now 129 :)

Great news!! It must have only recently started when it was in the 90’s

Glad it looked better this time! Like Rhiannon137 said, when I had my first scan I was also at 5-6ish weeks (to get an EDD) and the doc didn't bother taking a heart rate. Told me it would vary too much that early.

I was supposedly 6+2 at my ultrasound and the baby was measuring 5+6 with a hb of 153

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->