6 weeks 2 days scan - no fetal pole.

xMissxZoiex

Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo
Reaction score
I had my scan today 6 + 2 I saw a sac and a yolk sac but no fetal pole.

I've always seen a heartbeat by now so I guess I'm just looking for positive outcomes even though I feel pretty devastated right now.

We DTD 4th & 6th April
+ opk 6th April so ovulated 7th/8th

I've never had a scan that early but maybe you implanted a few days later throwing your dates off?

It could be a possibility I suppose but in not sure if a late implantation would effect the gestation of the baby or not.

Bring on this site for so long I have seen many stories with a positive outcome to this,I can imagine ur worry and would be exactly the same but I really hope u r another of the many many positive outcomes xx

I think 6 weeks is early to pick up a heartbeat. Try not to worry. It will probably be there at your next scan.

It may just be too early hun. Fingers crossed for your next scan <3

Was it internal? 6+2 is early and dates being slightly off could make a big difference to whether you would see a fetal pole.

I've had this go both ways personally. With DS2 my dates were off but I wasn't tracking so must have just ov later. With my mmc I knew my dates were accurate so couldn't have been earlier. With my mmc I didn't have a yolk at this point so I knew it wasn't going to be a healthy pregnancy.

Yes it was an internal scan. We've just seen a heartbeat at this point :( I want to hold out hope but I'm trying to be realistic too.

I had an internal scan at what for me was 6+3 and we saw a HB but no fetal pole (later they pushed my date to 6+2). I can confirm he is currently a healthy 5 days old :) FX for you hun, sometimes its just a little too early but seeing a HB is always a good sign!

What did sonographer say
Did they do betas?

Are you 100% sure of dates?

What was the sac measuring?
When are you going back for a re scan?
I've seen it happen alot on here, especially if baby implanted 2/3 days later xxx

I'm now doubting if my opk was 100% positive positive, I've read sperm can live for 5 days so that would give me some leeway with dates, I've attached a picture of the opk to see what you think.

Hcg was 821 on 28th then 1781 48hrs later.

Next scan is booked for 18th.

20200406_181438.jpg

Yeah that opk isn't quite positive. Hcg is increasing perfectly. I think your dates are just a bit off :)

doesn't look quite positive, so fingers crossed!

Doesn’t look positive yet to me. This pregnancy we only DTD 3 days before O so they can definitely hang around! Fx for your next scan, you should see a heartbeat by then!

The opk isnt quite positive hun, with ds1 we only dtd 7 days before ov, which I knew when I ovulated as I temped then, I would say that you wasnt quite 6 weeks when you had your scan x

I really hope your right everyone!, I'm really suffering with the morning sickness right now and it just seems like a cruel joke if there isnt actually a baby growing :(

I had a scan at 6 weeks fetal pole and yolk sac though but no heartbeat. went back today after 2 weeks and I'm 8+1 with a heartbeat. think positive chick. I had morning sickness from 6 weeks still got it now aswell xx

Thank you, trying to hold on to a little hope right now. Monday couldn't come quick enough, then I'll know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->