6 weeks and bad morning sickness, anyone else?

Domimom

Reaction score
It started yesterday, today has been horrible, have had nausea all day and I had to leave work. I tried ginger ale, crackers, ginger chew, and Sea Bands, nothing is helping. I can deal with it for a few hours in the morning but this all day is awful! Anybody else? Have you found anything that worked for you?

Sorry to hear this hun, sounds like uve tried pretty much everything. I found chewing gum and a glass of milk helpful xx

I'm in this exact position also I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and the nausea Really kicked in at 6 weeks I'm struggling so bad! I can't say I have any remedy as of yet though just feel better knowing your not alone and it means your baby is growing as it should be! I read that as soon as your placenta takes over from the yolk sac you should stop feeling sick! So that's week 12-14 Xx

I'm sorry you're feeling so awful. I went through the same thing and it is no fun at all!!!

I had it really, really bad from 6w to 8w, then started taking high dose b6 and b12 (in their fancy methylated forms). It didn't make the nausea go away entirely, but I finally was able to eat again and stopped losing weight (had been losing 3-4 lbs a week). Sea bands didn't help, ginger made me more sick, crackers made me more sick, ginger ale made my insides literally ache, Zofran just made me constipated..... Phenergan doesn't make the nausea better, but it makes me not care that it's there (but also makes me pass out) so I take it at night when the nausea is keeping me from sleeping or when my insomnia kicks in.

Hey I have the same. The only thing that actually helps is forcing myself to eat, almost continuously. It feels like it's worth putting on weight just to stop feeling ill 😓

Mine started mid 6 weeks and I am now 9 weeks and I have good days and bad days. I find the bad days always follow a night where I have not had at least 10 hours sleep. Feel much better today as I had 12 hours last night. I have 2 toddlers and I go to bed an hour after they do and I make my husband get up with the youngest on his days off work. Sleep is a great help. I also take Spatone each day and think I feel better for that. It is an Iron Supplement and safe for pregnancy.

I also think getting in the fresh air for a walk always helps me. Go where there are no street smells and try to get to a park.

It will get better and you will start to get more good days than bad. i like to think of week 9 as the peak and then I will start to feel better. Positive thinking!!

Oh and try to avoid cooking if you can!

It will be over before you know it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"