6 weeks and nausea! Doctor scared me saying molar pregnancy

miami8312

Mom of 2 and bump
Reaction score
So im 6 +1 weeks with my 3rd baby. Ive been feeling nauseous since 5 weeks on and off and suffering acid reflux. Went to the gp today to see if i could have anything to help he prescribed me gavisgon, but also scared the hell out of me saying its not normal to feel nausea this early and it could be a very rare molar pregnancy where cells grow into a mass but not a baby and cause nausea and sickness and its dangerous. He told me i might need an early scan. I spoke to a midwife who said its very rare but has been known, and she didnt give me any advice at all and said they wouldnt scan me early they only do that if i have bleeding. Ive had no bleeding, no pain just nausea and acid, and i havent been sick. Is there anyone that has experienced early nausea and acid reflux. Im going out my mind with worry....

Sorry your GP scared you one of the 1st signs I was pregnant was my sickness I went to my GP around 5/6 weeks and got meds to help with being sick I had HG (severe morning sickness)

Keeping everything crossed for you that all is okay x

Am a nervous wreck to but due to lack of symptoms. I think if I were you, I’d go back to the doctor who suggested it could be a molar pregnancy. They suggested the possibility for an early scan. Id request they refer you. If he/she hadn’t had said that you wouldn’t have this fear surly they must understand that and arrange one with the early pregnancy unit.

Good Luck hun I hope you get answers so enough x

I think it's a little insensitive the doctor come out with molar pregnancy at first instance. Molar pregnancy is serious of course it is and if it is that I take my hat of to the doctor for doing his job and early on! Most docs need more persuading that somethings wrong usually! But I must add, nausea at that early IS actually normal, just as much as no nausea at all. My first symptom in this pregnancy was severe heartburn and acid reflux and I usually don't suffer with it, I took a test a day later and was pregnant. It never went away, it went really mild at one point, but I got my bfp at 9dpo so was way before 5 weeks and I had the EXACT symptoms you do now. It wasnt until 8 weeks the reflux stopped and the usual pregnancy sickness started, but the reflux soon came back. I'm now 22 weeks and the reflux is killing me, I'm also taking gaviscon advance and its absolute shite lol so I definitely feel your pain, I just wish the doctor wouldn't have worried you as much as he did when your symptoms are infact completely normal! Good luck to you I'm sure theres nothing to worry about, but do get a early scan done just to double check :)

This is also my 3rd baby forgot to add x

Thanks so much for your reassurance. As im not having any bad symptoms like bleeding or pain im hoping its just normal symptoms. With my 2 daughters i didnt have any symptoms till 8 weeks no sickness no sore boobs nothing. This time is different, it is more reflux and heartburn, and i dont usually suffer with that. The gp was male and quite miserable so im hoping hes wrong.

Maybe it's a little boy your carrying lol! I was exactly the same as you with symptoms, i did get an early scan at 6 weeks due to one sided pain and ectopic had to be ruled out, but it just happens being my 3rd baby things started stretching from early on and caused ligament pain, but I'm glad your not feeling any pain. I really don't think you have anything to worry about hun

maybe it is a boy it would be nice as i have 2 girls lol, they wont offer me an early scan unless i have severe pain or bleeding(uk) i would have to pay private. I will wait and see how i go, i see my midwife for 1st official appointment so il see what she says. I hope shes better than the one i spoke to today she didnt give me any advice at all

* i see my midwife in 2 weeks for 1st official appointment

Yeah hun I'm in the UK too I would have suggested paying private if your unable to get one on the NHS if your worried, but I'm sure everything is fine! It sounds like a normal pregnancy for me, especially boy pregnancy lol! My 1st was a girl and I never had heartburn or anything, my 2nd was a boy and had severe acid reflux in 3rd tri, this baby is also a boy and I've had it since the beginning!

This pregnancy I started getting nausea at 5 weeks. And all day too. No molar pregnancy. This is the earliest I’ve felt nausea with any of my pregnancies. My hcg was really high at that point, not out of normal range but definitely on the high side of normal.

When I got pregnant with daughter, the only reason I tested was because of the nausea. I was 4 weeks 2 days at the time. While I suppose early nausea could be a sign of a molar pregnancy, it's definitely not the only reason a person might have early nausea. Molar pregnancies are rare and I think it's odd to go there just based on nausea. Best of luck

I have a friend who has had 4 babies (actually 5 days overdue with her 4th now!) And she has known she was pregnant on each one because she feels as sick as a pig from about 4 weeks onwards. For your doctor to scare you like this is a real d*ck move! Plus I bet if you googled how many women have nausea at 6 weeks you'd find a heap of results x

What is it with doctors scaring the shit out of you in early pregnancy.
I was told when I was at 5 weeks by a doctor that because of my age I was at extremely high risk of having a miscarriage up until 12 weeks. So I spent the whole of the first trimester in a panic with anxiety through the roof all because of what some dr said.

I'm now 26+2 and I'm having a healthy baby boy.

I also had sickness from 5 weeks. Didnt have the acid reflux but I did get the odd episode here and there toward the end of the first trimester and here and there in the 2nd trimester.
Sickness can start even b4 u do a test.
Its normol and not to early.
Sorry he has given u such a scare hon.
I'm.sure everything will turn out just fine.
I also was not offered any early scans and wud of had to of waited until my 13 weeks scan to see if everything was ok.
But I booked 2 privet early reassurance scans with baby bond. Was well worth the money kysy for the reassurance.
I had one at just over 7 weeks and and another at just over 9 weeks.
I think it's so silly that we dont get any hospital scans here in the UK until 12 13 weeks.
That's such a long time to wait esp when ure worried.

Thanks for all your replys i feel more reassured. Im not bleeding or having any pain so i will see how i go. Im definately not going back to that doctor anytime soon and he was well miserable aswell. I hope my midwife is better than the one i spoke to yesterday. Gavisgon isnt helping much. Any advice what i could have to help. I was drinking ginger tea but the midwife told me not to drink it as it could be dangerous ive never heard such sh*t in all my life. I drank it in my other 2 pregnancys and my kids are fine

I heard ginger tea is fine aswel? Not that I've tried it mind I hate anything with ginger in, I physically cant stand it lol I'm no use when it comes to the reflux help, nothings helping me either and I'm forever feeling dreadful x

I literally tested at 12dpo both times because of the nausea. It's absolutely possible!
Sorry your Dr was a jerk

What a strange thing to say. I was sick at exactly 5+4 on the dot. I still remember the exact day and my daughter is 2! My doc gave me Diclegis at 6 weeks because it was so bad. So yes early sickness is totally normal.

This is baby no 9 for me and with my first two pregnancies I had hardly any sickness on my third I was in bits really early on so I was sure he was a girl but nope another boy. No two pregnancies are the same u d had pregnancies with hardly any sickness and some were I felt really ill it’s all normal and your doctor was very unfair to say that especially as he didn’t refer you for a scan. I would go back to him and tell him he’s caused you emotional distress and you need a referral to put your mind at ease x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->