6 weeks and no yolk, is there still hope?

AnxiousMila

Reaction score
Hi,

I have done my first pregnancy test on the 6th of January, it was a very faint line which didn’t show until 10mins after I have redone the test 2 days later and bought a clearblue one that indicates how many weeks on the 8th it showed 1-2weeks and then on the 12th it showed the same after I retested. I have PCOS so I have no idea when I conceived and how many weeks I could be. I have been for a scan on the 24th of January and it’s only shown the gestational sac empty it measured 6mm then I had one the week after on the 31st and it was still empty measuring 12.4mm they had rescanned me yesterday Feb 7th and it’s still empty but it’s measuring 19.2mm this time and I have another scan on Wednesday 16th. I don’t know what to think, I have only estimated the 6 weeks could be 7weeks as the sac is almost 20mm. I have already been given the leaflets to look at my options on how to get rid of the pregnancy as the doctor already thinks it’s an anembryonic pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy after not being able to conceive and I have been told that I won’t be able to naturally. Is there still hope has anyone else had a similar problem and in the end it had a happy ending and seen a yolk so far down first trimester? Any reply would be greatly appreciated

I'm sorry you're going through this uncertainty. I don't have much experience I'm afraid. I guess your dates could be earlier than you think? Did they do any bloodwork? I would say if you truly are 7 weeks it's not a great sign to have an empty sac, but it could be your dates aren't right? Do you have another scan scheduled? Best of luck :hugs2:

I'm sorry you're going through this uncertainty. I don't have much experience I'm afraid. I guess your dates could be earlier than you think? Did they do any bloodwork? I would say if you truly are 7 weeks it's not a great sign to have an empty sac, but it could be your dates aren't right? Do you have another scan scheduled? Best of luck :hugs2:
I only had 2 blood tests one on the 12th of January which only showed 65Hcg and then I had one 2 days later and it showed 152hcg, I’ve not had one since and when I asked if I should have another one nurse just said it won’t be necessary which I find strange because they’re not monitoring what the hcg levels are doing, and yes I have one next week on Wednesday but I have already been to 3 scans and I’m dreading the worst thank you :hugs2:

Keeping everything crossed for you. Your initial hcg doubled as expected, its a shame they didn't do any more. Can I ask, were the scans abdominal or trans-vaginal? They get better images via T-V scans apparently x

I remember this happening to me before my first daughter was born. Unfortunately for me my pregnancy didn't go much further but the fact your HCG has doubled is positive. At 6 weeks I believe or so iv been told my sonographers they should be able to see the fetal pole / heart beat . It could also be the dates are out or positioning was it an internal scan they are usually clearer. It's horrendous trying to wait it out and I hope you get a clear answer next time x

If you're not sure when you ovulated, it's definitely possible you conceived later than they think. Hopefully the next scan gives you good news!

Iv never been scanned before 7weeks as they said it’s possible to still not see anything before then. I hope everything is ok and baby is just taking it’s time x

I'm wondering if u ovulated much later than u think and ure still too early to see anything.
In my personal experience I've had scans at 6 weeks and also 7 weeks and see fetal pole and heartbeat.
Anything b4 6 weeks u don't really see that much.
So I'm hoping ure under 6 weeks hon.
Ure HCG levels look good but I don't have much experience with those because they don't check our HCG levels in the UK.
It's horrible being in limbo and having to wait it out but I hope u have a very happy outcome.
Please keep us posted hon. U are in my thoughts ❤️

Good luck with ure scan hon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"