6 weeks postpartum cramping and brown discharge

Bella12

Reaction score
So I am 6 weeks postpartum and last night and today I am experiencing period like cramping. Today, when I went to the bathroom, I noticed that when I wiped there was brown discharge. I have since put on a panty liner and again it is covered in a brown discharge. I am presently exclusively breastfeeding my little one. Did anybody else get this? Is this the start of a period? I was under the impression that when you exclusively breastfeed you didn't get one for a while.

I think there are conditions even if you exclusively bf to do with frequency and length of feedings especially at night. I think it also depends on your progesterone levels. Have you been unusually busy the last few days? Could it be post partum bleeding getting a little heavier again?

Baby girl has been sleeping through the night so I have been breastfeeding during the day. I feel like she makes up for the evening feeds by eating more often during the day. I also pump once or twice during the day.

we are in the process of moving. So it's possible that maybe I overdid it packing boxes and moving boxes. but I have been moving boxes for a while so I'm not sure if that's the reason. I continue today to have cramping and discharge. Not as heavy as a normal.

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm a call my Midwife just ask her her opinion.

Hi im 9 weeks pp and at 6 weeks i had the brown for a day and cramping a few days before. Nothing more came of it but the same thing happened a little over a week later. Then nearly 2 weeks after i got a period. I was panicking as never had it before in previous births and was thinking I was pregnant so soon haha bit guess it was body getting back to normal

Baby girl has been sleeping through the night so I have been breastfeeding during the day. I feel like she makes up for the evening feeds by eating more often during the day. I also pump once or twice during the day.

we are in the process of moving. So it's possible that maybe I overdid it packing boxes and moving boxes. but I have been moving boxes for a while so I'm not sure if that's the reason. I continue today to have cramping and discharge. Not as heavy as a normal.

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm a call my Midwife just ask her her opinion.

Can I ask how you managed to get her to sleep through ?! Struggling with me 5 week monkey !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->