6 weeks preganant no fetal pole. Gestational sac and yolk sac only

Kathkath

Reaction score
I have waited this pregancy for so long and I am so excited about it. But now i am so worried. Just got my ultrasound for 6 weeks. They found gestational sac and yolk sac. No fetal pole or embryo. No heart beat. I was advised to go back on july 9 to see fetal visibility... As much as i dont want to worry i cant help it.

If you look back at older threads it perfectly normal not to see much at 6 weeks. In my last two pregnancies at six weeks scans all that was seen at both was a gestational sack, nothing more. Yet at the next scans all was absolutely fine. 6 weeks is still very early and baby is literally mm long. Try not to worry yourself over it. It's very normal. Good luck for your next scan.

Kathkath, I went in for a scan at 4 weeks 6 days and they could not find the embryo, they asked me to come 10 days later. When my aunt heard about it, she said the embryo is only visible after 7 weeks, sometimes even later. Sure enough, at 8 weeks 6 days, they could find a heartbeat :)

I know it's nerve wrecking, but please have faith and know that it is completely normal at your stage.

I agree, it's completely normal at this stage. Many early scans measure out and often catch up later on. Try to keep positive. When my first scan with my daughter measured almost a week behind at what should have been slightly over 7 weeks, I panicked and started feeling very negative. Then I felt bad for not believing in my baby and the pregnancy, so I bought one very cute sleep suit to show that I had faith all would be fine, and that was my daughter's very first sleep suit after she was born.
Good luck for your next scan and congratulations on your pregnancy xxxxxxx :hugs:

KathKath - I'm in the same boat. Went for scan at 6w and it showed it measuring behind - at 5w3d - with no heartbeat. my obstetrician is really hopeful. I feel a nervous wreck - I so pray it's ok for both of us. The other posts on here are so reassuring.

Thank u for ur messages. I already read some old threads and it comforts me.. Do you guys experience morning sickness? Coz i dont. I feel just like normal. Except that i am super lazy.

Thank u for ur messages. I already read some old threads and it comforts me.. Do you guys experience morning sickness? Coz i dont. I feel just like normal. Except that i am super lazy.

im 11 weeks and i did not feel any nausea or ms at all. Don't worry, every body reacts and deals with preg hormones differently.

x

I have waited this pregancy for so long and I am so excited about it. But now i am so worried. Just got my ultrasound for 6 weeks. They found gestational sac and yolk sac. No fetal pole or embryo. No heart beat. I was advised to go back on july 9 to see fetal visibility... As much as i dont want to worry i cant help it.

From my other reply, you can see I was in a similar boat. Scan on Friday at 6w didn't show much at all, certainly no heart beat and too small for dates (I am certain about my dates - I had ovulation monitored by scan and bloods).

I had another scan today and in just 3 days - there is the baby and heart beating! I read so many posts like this that made me feel better, but still struggled to believe that I could write such a positive post myself.

Pls pls pls do not lose hope!!

From my other reply, you can see I was in a similar boat. Scan on Friday at 6w didn't show much at all, certainly no heart beat and too small for dates (I am certain about my dates - I had ovulation monitored by scan and bloods).

I had another scan today and in just 3 days - there is the baby and heart beating! I read so many posts like this that made me feel better, but still struggled to believe that I could write such a positive post myself.

Pls pls pls do not lose hope!!

Thank u so much.. Im praying and even talk to my baby to hold on. I really dont want to lose hope. But sometimes i cant help to feel worry. I cant wait for 9th of July to see my baby beating heart :)

Kathkath, I went in for a scan at 4 weeks 6 days and they could not find the embryo, they asked me to come 10 days later. When my aunt heard about it, she said the embryo is only visible after 7 weeks, sometimes even later. Sure enough, at 8 weeks 6 days, they could find a heartbeat :)

I know it's nerve wrecking, but please have faith and know that it is completely normal at your stage.

Thank u... Emotions overload.. Waited this pregnancy for almost 4 yrs. and my baby makes me thrilled and worry. But I'm glad for all of your positive response... Will post the result on july 9..

Two of my four pregnancies showed an empty sac at 6 weeks. I have a healthy almost 6 year old and now I'm 8+6 pregnant with my fourth which had a hb of 160 at 7+3.

I saw a completely empty sac at 5w6d. No yolk, fetal pole, or heartbeat. At 11 weeks I saw a perfect healthy baby who was measuring spot on for my original dates (which supported that I was actually 5w6d and not somehow earlier during that first scan). Now I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow and everything seems great.

All that to say, I wouldn't give up hope at all! It's very normal for there to be quite a variation in what's visible around 6 weeks.

Good luck at your next scan!

Whilst you didn't see a heartbeat, is everything measuring the right "age"?

I'm in a similar boat. I see a heartbeat but baby's measuring one week behind. It's disheartening but there are so many positive stories. If you feel OK then stay hopeful.

Hi everyone, I'm feeling more hopeful after reading all of your post. Thank you :)

I'm very scared right now as there was no heart beat or embryo seen on my first us scan done on Friday. My lmp was 1/14/21 putting me now at 9 weeks. However, the US scan was showing no fetal pole, no embryo and no heart beat but did show the one sac with yolk. There is a possible second sac but no yolk, no embryo, no heart beat. The one sac is only measured at 7 weeks 5 day and the other measuring at 5 weeks 3 days. So very confused as the US tech and the doctor don't know if its just a cyst or an actual second sac(twin)… My HCG numbers were 14,094 at my first visit when I was appox 5 weeks. They had me come back in yesterday to check my HCG thinking they would prob be less because they feel I'm going to have a miscarriage or what they call a failed pregnancy or a blighted ovum. Well the numbers came back higher at 47,000. My doctor has me coming back in this Thursday for another US to see if any change. She said if no change, I'm scheduled for a D&C this Friday. I'm so confused. I cant get a answer if I'm still "pregnant" or is this indeed a failed pregnancy? With my numbers going up, here I think I'm 10 weeks according to my lmp. I was trying to get pregnant using the ovulation kit for months so I know when my last period was. What do you think the chances are, I will hear a heart beat and see an embryo Thursday? I will not be going back to this doctor if I find out I am indeed still pregnant and will be going to a new OB who makes me feel they are more concerned and not just another number. Thank you so much in advance for any advise or opinions.

Hi everyone, I'm feeling more hopeful after reading all of your post. Thank you :)

I'm very scared right now as there was no heart beat or embryo seen on my first us scan done on Friday. My lmp was 1/14/21 putting me now at 9 weeks. However, the US scan was showing no fetal pole, no embryo and no heart beat but did show the one sac with yolk. There is a possible second sac but no yolk, no embryo, no heart beat. The one sac is only measured at 7 weeks 5 day and the other measuring at 5 weeks 3 days. So very confused as the US tech and the doctor don't know if its just a cyst or an actual second sac(twin)… My HCG numbers were 14,094 at my first visit when I was appox 5 weeks. They had me come back in yesterday to check my HCG thinking they would prob be less because they feel I'm going to have a miscarriage or what they call a failed pregnancy or a blighted ovum. Well the numbers came back higher at 47,000. My doctor has me coming back in this Thursday for another US to see if any change. She said if no change, I'm scheduled for a D&C this Friday. I'm so confused. I cant get a answer if I'm still "pregnant" or is this indeed a failed pregnancy? With my numbers going up, here I think I'm 10 weeks according to my lmp. I was trying to get pregnant using the ovulation kit for months so I know when my last period was. What do you think the chances are, I will hear a heart beat and see an embryo Thursday? I will not be going back to this doctor if I find out I am indeed still pregnant and will be going to a new OB who makes me feel they are more concerned and not just another number. Thank you so much in advance for any advise or opinions.

I don't have any real advice for you, everyone and everybody is so different. From reading things on here there are a lot of positive stories do not loose hope! Keep fighting for your baby (Babies) Until you know 100% for sure what is going on. I will be thinking about you and keeping my fingers crossed that you get fantastic news!! On a positive note your numbers do look to be in the right direction. Is your next scan tomorrow? Please keep us updated!!!

I don't have any real advice for you, everyone and everybody is so different. From reading things on here there are a lot of positive stories do not loose hope! Keep fighting for your baby (Babies) Until you know 100% for sure what is going on. I will be thinking about you and keeping my fingers crossed that you get fantastic news!! On a positive note your numbers do look to be in the right direction. Is your next scan tomorrow? Please keep us updated!!!

Awe... Thank you so much!! My scan is Thursday at 12:45. I will definitely be back on here to post what we find out. Much love to all <3

Hey! I just wanted to check in and see how everything went and make sure your doing ok?

Hi I really hope ure OK and ure scan went well. Thinking of you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"