6 Weeks scan and intermittent heavy bleeding- Is it over?

DesperateDawn

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've just had my 6 week scan today, was terrified as I've had two 2 or 3 days of red heavy bleeding over the past two weeks so was expecting the worst. The doctor said from the scan there is a sac, but it looks 'abnormal' and a miscarriage could be occurring. He's predicted the date to 5 weeks 6 days. I have to go back in one week for another scan to see if it's progressed or whether it has indeed resulted in miscarriage. My heavy bleeding over the past two days has come to a end, but I'm so confused. I've been trying for a baby for three years with IVF and this is this first positive pregnancy I've had so I'm gutted. I'm expecting the worst from next week, but is there any chance left for me?
Anyone had similar experiences?

Dawn

Hi ladies,

I've just had my 6 week scan today, was terrified as I've had two 2 or 3 days of red heavy bleeding over the past two weeks so was expecting the worst. The doctor said from the scan there is a sac, but it looks 'abnormal' and a miscarriage could be occurring. He's predicted the date to 5 weeks 6 days. I have to go back in one week for another scan to see if it's progressed or whether it has indeed resulted in miscarriage. My heavy bleeding over the past two days has come to a end, but I'm so confused. I've been trying for a baby for three years with IVF and this is this first positive pregnancy I've had so I'm gutted. I'm expecting the worst from next week, but is there any chance left for me?
Anyone had similar experiences?

Dawn

I am sorry you are going through this after so long ttc. Have they been monitoring your hcg since this is an ivf pregnancy (sorry hope I read correctly)? It sounds like your doctor is assuming the worst but if there were levels drawn that would be a good indicator of the progress of the pregnancy.

They measured my hcg levels last week after I had the first heavy bleed, which lasted three days and the levels were high and doubling as they should have so I got my hopes up that it would be ok. The heavy bleeding started again on Wednesday and lasted until last night. They said they don't want to check my bloods again and I should wait to see what the next scan comes back with, but it feels like such a long hard wait. I think they've already made up their mind that I'm miscarrying, but the bleeding has now stopped. It's so confusing.

They measured my hcg levels last week after I had the first heavy bleed, which lasted three days and the levels were high and doubling as they should have so I got my hopes up that it would be ok. The heavy bleeding started again on Wednesday and lasted until last night. They said they don't want to check my bloods again and I should wait to see what the next scan comes back with, but it feels like such a long hard wait. I think they've already made up their mind that I'm miscarrying, but the bleeding has now stopped. It's so confusing.

I'm sorry they didn't check your levels again so you could have had some closure either way. Whether to have hope or plan for the worst. There's just no way of knowing until they check you again it sounds like. Sorry again you are going through this and hope you get resolution soon.

Thanks for your kind words, the waiting game is over especially when you don't know which way it will go. My bleeding has completely stopped so there's still a tiny bit of hope left, but realistically I have to prepare myself for the worst I guess! 6 days and counting, keeping my fingers crossed.

I don't want to give false hope but it could all still be ok . If bleeding has stopped , levels doubling and no cramping . Thinking of you xxxx

I am in a similar situation. 6+2 today following ivf. Im having a scan on monday. I had a bleed last friday and monday and again thursday just gone. Im petrified. Have no pregnancy symptoms and am fearing the worst :'( x

I'm so sorry dawn. I think this could go either way to be honest. It could just be a SCH causing the bleeding and baby might be just fine. I've been told the sac was irregular twice. Once ended in mc, the other ended in a baby! Good luck for your next scan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->