6 weeks spotting

moonstar_004

Reaction score
Hello, I got my BFP on October 9th, and just learned yesterday that my hcg dropped significantly. I should be 6+2 today. I was basically told by my doctor that I should just wait to bleed the next 2-3 weeks, and there is no intervention needed.

I am spotting already this morning. I'm just confused though, if I continue to bleed, should I consider this as my period?

:hugs: sorry for you loss.

I did not count my MC bleeding as my AF. After the initial bleed, I had two weeks of no bleeding and then AF came.

Sorry for your loss too. :(

May I ask for how long did you bleed? I was supposed to be 6 weeks only.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just found this searching for some comfort online. I am also 6 weeks ...and had a threatened miscarriage yesterday ..they said my levels weren't increasing like they should be and they didn't see anything on the ultrasound. They were going to wait a week and recheck but....now followed by increased bleeding and horrible cramps. They basically just told me all I can do is wait. I am going tomorrow to have another hcg quantitative test drawn and I have a feeling that it's gone. I feel all the pregnancy symptoms have left my body like it just drained out of me. It feels like I'm missing something.

mbprenatt37, i definitely know how that feels. as for me, i've already accepted i've lost the pregnancy. i've been bleeding heavily starting yesterday, after spotting for a little bit. i just want to miscarry naturally, and hoping i won't be needing d&c.

Moonstar, I bled for a little over two weeks, however I was 12 wks along when I had my MC. I had a natural MC at home, and will be happy to answer any questions that you have. If you don't mind me asking, since you were so early in your pregnancy, are you planning on trying right away?

Yes tankel, we are planning to start trying right away. There's a part of me that's scared, but I'm not getting any younger either. Turning 34 on December. I would like to test the theory also that you're more fertile after mc.

It's my 2nd day of bleeding today, no more cramps. Bleeding is not as heavy as yesterday, there's a lot of clear mucus mixed in with the blood. Is that normal?

i would say it is normal. I bleed quite heavily for a few hours and the rest of the time it occilated between a very light af-type bleed with no cramps and spotting.

I also heard about being more fertile after an MC.

so i only had 3 days of heavy bleeding(lots of clots), 1 day of light, and 1 day of spotting. bleeding completely stopped now. doctor said that if bleeding stopped already then it's ok. i also tested this morning and it's a bfn.

should i just wait for af now?

Since your bleeding has stopped you can start TTC this month if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->