6 weeks today and going for a scan

izzysmummy

Mummy of 2 xxx
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got my BFP on 20/11 at 12dpo on Digi and FR ( Digi said 1-2)

I am going for a scan this morning as i have had a previous Ectopic and MC.

Did the other Digi yesterday and it states 3+ so there is obviously something growing.

Should i see a HB at 6 weeks? my last early scan was at 7 weeks and there was a HB?

xx

hope all goes well at the scan - don't know about HB question cos I didn't get a scan til 12 weeks with my first. Well done on your BFP after your 1st month of trying too xxx

Hi Hun,

Good luck with your scan, the HB can sometimes be seen at 6 weeks. Really hope it is for you, maybe they will let you back for a 2nd one next week too.

Good luck again, wishing you a healthy pregnancy hun
x x x x

Congrats on a quick BFP! How fortunate!
Good luck with the scan and let us know how it goes :)

good luck with the scan. as the others have said, sometimes you can see a heartbeat at 6 weeks, so keeping my fingers crossed that you do!
xx

Hi,

Had the scan today, they couldn't see very much so i had another internal scan,

They could see the pregnancy sac which is the black oval on the screen in the womb, and then you could see the white tiny yolk sac inside.

The sonographer said that everything looked fine and she would date me at about just past 5 weeks, which does add up as my periods are between 28-35 days, my cycle before i caught on was 35 days, so based on 28 days i am 6 weeks or could be 5+2 weeks if based on 35 day cycle ~ plus i didn't ovulate until CD18.

I had the choice to go back for another scan in a few weeks, but as i would be 8 weeks they would not offer me a 12 week scan, so i have decided to wait until then.

The EPAU said everything is where it should be so i am at no higher risk of a MC than anyone else, at least i know it is not another Ectopic.

So just waiting until after new year now for my scan.

I think i will go and have bloods taken in a few weeks to check my levels, that should give me an idea ~ i had bloods taken a week ago and they lost them!! They never made it to the lab!! aarrghhh!!

Congratulations! I'm going for my early scan next week too. I will be 6 weeks and 3 days and am hoping they detect a heartbeat on an internal scan xx

Congratulations! I'm going for my early scan next week too. I will be 6 weeks and 3 days and am hoping they detect a heartbeat on an internal scan xx

I am sure you will see a HB, it should be beating by the end of the 5th week!

I am not too worried as they saw the start of the yolk sac which developes into a baby, its not as if they saw the baby with no HB. The next 6 weeks is gonna drag........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->