6 wks tomorrow and anxious!

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Tomorrow will mark 6 weeks. I searched through my previous pregnancy journal and MS hit full force at 6w1d. I had to lay in bed for hours on some days because it was so awful, I don't have that option now with a busy toddler. Asking family and friends for help isn't really an option. I'm currently in school and just asking anyone to take her for a couple hours while I do assignments people flake out. Anyone else feeling nervous about 6 weeks starting?

I am 6w4d and I feel okay. The morning is rough for me with feeling nauseous but then it gets better and then I feel it again around dinner time. My doctor told me it is usually bad around 8 weeks.

Glad you're still feeling good! I remember with DD that 8 weeks I hit my worst but it didn't let up until delivery and that's what I'm so afraid of.

My moms said she felt sick 24/7 but then it did go away. I have no idea what to expect

I' know every pregnancy is different. I haven't had heartburn yet but with DD and my loss in August I had horrific heartburn before bfp. Maybe I'll get lucky and have less MS

Yes. I almost peed myself in class on a Friday and I flashed back to how much worse the frequent urination and nausea and headaches were at 6w. I booked my formal observation at 5w2d so hoping I can get that stuff done and in writing so I don't get fired again. It's surprisingly easy to can a non tenured teacher for being pregnant

How awful, wishing you luck that you will have an easier time and they can't fire you over pregnancy.

I'm anxious for next week too! I'm 6 weeks on Wednesday and with my first pregnancy I started vomiting at 6 weeks 2 days which turned into hyperemesis gravidarum and it didn't stop until 18 weeks!

I'm already having pretty horrible nausea all day and have had it from 5 weeks! Im finding it hard to look after my 3 year old and just making him breakfast involved me holding my head while leaning on the worktop breathing deeply though the urge to vomit waiting for his toast to pop up! 😢
I just worry that I won't be able to look after him at all and don't know what I'll do as my husband works full time!

How awful, wishing you luck that you will have an easier time and they can't fire you over pregnancy.

On paper she never said that was it. To my face when we were alone she did. I had a hard pregnancy and missed ten school days in the first 6 eeeks of pregnancy. When I told her I had to go on bedrest she said it wasn't fair to my kids and she couldn't have a teacher who was going to be out this much due to pregnancy. Next thing I know my evals started to be marked poorly, like from progressing and excelling to totally failing despite her notes saying I was doing those things in my observation. The teachers at my school even fought for me. She's the second admin to do it to me. The first time the union stepped in and saved my job because I had a BTSA coach who knew and a union rep who had seen me teach/worked with me. I left that district though. This time the union just said they can't help. It was super shady. I like my new school's location and the pay gets the bills done, so it worked out. Until you are tenure you are on a year to year contract so it's not fired just they don't rehire you.

I'm so anxious too! 7 weeks today! Some days sickness is bad, some days I feel fine....then I worry!

I'm anxious for next week too! I'm 6 weeks on Wednesday and with my first pregnancy I started vomiting at 6 weeks 2 days which turned into hyperemesis gravidarum and it didn't stop until 18 weeks!

I'm already having pretty horrible nausea all day and have had it from 5 weeks! Im finding it hard to look after my 3 year old and just making him breakfast involved me holding my head while leaning on the worktop breathing deeply though the urge to vomit waiting for his toast to pop up! 😢
I just worry that I won't be able to look after him at all and don't know what I'll do as my husband works full time!

Oh gosh that's harsh, I know it's likely for you to have HG again this time around but hopefully it'll be easier on you! Is your doctor already getting on board of anything they can do for another HG pregnancy?

Taking care of DD is a huge fear of mine, it's not fair for me to stick her in front of the tv all day while I deal with MS. My in laws can take her from time to time but that's not always guaranteed.

On paper she never said that was it. To my face when we were alone she did. I had a hard pregnancy and missed ten school days in the first 6 eeeks of pregnancy. When I told her I had to go on bedrest she said it wasn't fair to my kids and she couldn't have a teacher who was going to be out this much due to pregnancy. Next thing I know my evals started to be marked poorly, like from progressing and excelling to totally failing despite her notes saying I was doing those things in my observation. The teachers at my school even fought for me. She's the second admin to do it to me. The first time the union stepped in and saved my job because I had a BTSA coach who knew and a union rep who had seen me teach/worked with me. I left that district though. This time the union just said they can't help. It was super shady. I like my new school's location and the pay gets the bills done, so it worked out. Until you are tenure you are on a year to year contract so it's not fired just they don't rehire you.

That is super shady! Great that your new school's location and pay are better so it worked out in the end, but I hope your job will be secure while pregnant.

I'm so anxious too! 7 weeks today! Some days sickness is bad, some days I feel fine....then I worry!

Happy 7 weeks! The days I feel fine I get excited thinking this pregnancy will be different, better and I'll enjoy it. Then the MS strikes back and I'm a puddle of anxious tears. :wacko:

I definitely know your struggle. It's difficult, having a toddler and being pregnant. My kids are 4, 3, 2, and 9 months old. I've been through many pregnancies in your predicament - tons to do, nobody to help... Feels like you're going through it alone, but you're not! So, maybe I can offer some tips if you ever need them. DO feel free to message me. The most important part is having your child on a concrete schedule so that you can make sure you get everything done that you wanna do and you can also rest and maybe even nap. My kids' bedtime is 7pm. They read in their beds until about 7:30 pm, and they're not allowed to leave their rooms - except to use the bathroom - until 7:30 am (OK to Wake clock). This means that I've got 2-3 hours at night to do what I need to do and still get plenty of sleep. My 2- and 3-year-olds nap from 1-3 pm. I spend one hour of that time cleaning and one hour homeschooling my 4-year-old. If you need more time, freezer cooking or once-a-month meals might be great for you. I LOVE keeping my freezer stocked with meals that I can just pop into the oven with no prep work besides thawing out the night before.

Also, toy rotation encourages the kid(s) to play with their toys longer and to enjoy them more. I have several bins of toys and pull out only one at a time. Of course, you have to have the room to store all of those toys.... I have a huuuge cabinet full. Desperate times, right???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->