6 year old still wetting herself during the day. Advice please.

TwoGirlsAndMe

Reaction score
Hi, our oldest dd turns 6 next week and is still in pull ups at night. This it's self isn't a problem as she's asleep so obv doesn't know she's weeing. BUT I've recently found out shes been weeing in her bed time pull ups on a night before bed and somtimes on a morning when walking up as they then leak through her pjs/bed sheets :dohh:

She also wets herself during the day but only at home and at my parents, never in school and its always because she's 'too comfy' or 'to busy playing/on the ipad' to move :dohh:

She was dry all last weekend as i took her to the toilet everytime i went or every hour to remind her but ive got a 4 year old (who is dry all day and night since she was 2.5). And my 1.5 year old neice who i babysit twice a week and i somtimes forgot to tell dd1 to go to the toilet every hour :-/

It has been happening on an off for a good few months now and my OH is wanting to take her to our GP for advice as apart from taking her to the toilet we don't have any other ideas.

Without sounding horrible she just can't be bothred to go to the toilet for wee's but always goes for no.2s :dohh: and doesn't mind sitting in wet pants until i notice/smell that shes wet herself :shrug:

Just looking for advice please

My daughter is also about to turn 6 and she also is still in pullups at night. I think occasional daytime accidents are normal. My daughter also has occasional accidents in the day when she is really caught up watching T.V. or something. If it happens more than occasionally, then you probably just want to make sure there isn't some underlying medical or psychological issue. Outside of that, I think it's just a matter of being patient and allowing your daughter to mature, both physically and mentally.

Do you do any natural consequences for the daytie wetting, like making her clean up her own mess? I'd start doing that, if you aren't already. If she is literally only doing this at home/your parents when she is not wanting to take the time from playing, then she needs some incentive to take the time. I'd make her clean ehrself up every time she does it, rinse out her clothes, and clean up where she was sitting/playing (even if it doesn't look like the wetness got that far, the point is to make her realize its much easier/quicker to just take the minute to run to the bathroom and pee than to have to take all the time cleaning up later).

She hasn't had any accidents at all, all week so i'm hooing its maybe the end of it amd that it was just a weird faze that she's hopfully grown out of? x

Could have been behavioral or physical, but now that she's moved past it, I guess don't worry unless it pops up again. I know Violet gets constipated on occasion and has toileting issues when that happens. Could that have been a contributing factor?

I could have written this post a few months back but recently we have a lot fewer sitting in wet pants days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->