I am anti-piercing. I do not judge mums who have it done, at all as it is personal choice. I just dont see the need to put a hole in a baby's ears. To make them look cute is not an excuse to cause a LO pain, I think a child should be old enough to ask for ears pierced once they know how to take care of them and what it involves. IMO its no different to piercing a baby's belly button/nose/eyebrow. Still putting holes in their body without permission, just in different places.

When my daughter was born everyone expected me have her ears peirced within a matter of months as culturally little girls get their ears peirced quite young in my culture and I was given many pairs of beautiful gold studs and tiny little earrings for her, however I have chosen not to.

I personally don't like seeing little babies with ear piercings not that I have anything against those parents that do, just not for me, also I wanted to wait until my daughter was older and actually wanted (if she does) to get it done. I wanted it to be her decision.

Completely against piercing babies ears. They are innocent children who don't get a say in whether they're pierced or not. Its disgusting, these mothers can do what the hell they want with their own bodies but what gives them the right to poke holes in their babies? Its just wrong.

You can't give a person a tattoo without their consent so why aren't these babies given the right to make the decision for themselves. They should have the right to say no, of course they can't talk so it should just point blank be banned for babies to get piercings.

Spin it a different way, how about an adult is pinned down and given a nose or eyebrow piercing because it looks 'cool' or 'cute' or 'adorable' yet they don't give their consent but to hell with what they want. I betcha they wouldn't be to happy.

I know my opinion may sound rude but I feel strongly about this and after all this is the debates section :)

I wouldn't personally do it, but I have nothing against people who do. Except when it comes to very little babies... I have a girl on my facebook who put as her status that she was 'piercing her babies ears at 6 weeks old' which I don't agree with... but her baby, her business :shrug:

I personally do not like it. I think it looks tacky and chavvy, I dont live in a multicultural area so dont see that aspect of things.

I think children can decide really pretty young if they want thier ears peirced my godauhter decided at 2 1/2 she wanted them done. So I think in the main if you are willing to do it early let them choose to do it.

It's hideous and totally unnecessary. Hallelujah for this thread where free speech is not shot down.

Sorry, the above may seem harsh. I did put a more reasonable argument on the other thread but now i'm just fed up.

I am anti piercing.
I don't think it's horrible and would NOT judge someone who had their child's ears pierced. But I don't like the way it looks on babies (it's just not my taste) and I think the child should be old enough to ask for them and know exactly what having your ears pierced entails (the pain, the care afterward, etc).

No, absolutely not, never ever would I consider piercing my babies ears.

I always say that babies are born as nature intended and babies are beautiful. Why any parent would want to decorate their child and make a wilful permanent mark on them is beyond me. Another thing I feel really strongly about is a persons right to choose, my children might not want holes in their ears and I am not going to make the decision for them. Apart from anything else, why would you want to inflict pain on the one person who above all, you are meant to protect - and I know it hurts because I used to pierce babies ears, I was threatened with the sack when I refused to do it.

I can be honest in here, right?!

I think it's disgusting. I know how bad piercing guns are for doing piercings.
Most professional piercers won't use them, especially not on babies.
The piercing can migrate as the child grows, causing the piercing to end up in all kinds of funky places.
Lots of babies pull on their ears when teething, this could create massive problems for a pierced baby.
They did not ask for, need or want the piercing. It is a fricken HOLE in a babies body that does not need to be there.
I believe the LAW should be that no person can get a piercing before the age of 16. (my piercer agrees and has this rule.)

Yeah, I'm an awful person, I judge people that get their kids ears pierced. I think 'because it looks cute' is a rubbish reason.

Plus, ear piercings are boring, I want her lip done!

*I have my ears pierced 3 times each, I've had my bridge pierced, and my lip twice. My best friends are piercers.

I am not anti or pro against this topic, I personally won't do it until she is old enough to ask for it herself and understand everything that comes along with it, one of my good friends has her baby's ears pierced but I would never tell her she's a bad mother because she isn't.

I dont actually think your going to get many people, if any, who are for piercing ears on this thread unfortunately <3

I think it's awful. I stumbled across a youtube video of a young woman with a little baby on her lap, about 3 months old, and the baby let out this horrified scream as the gun pierced her ears and the mother continued to hold her down whilst baby was trying to kick and break free. That really affected me.

One of my fondest memories as a child was going to the mall with my mother to get my ears pierced. Even though I knew it was going to hurt, I didn't care and felt so amazing and special when I left with her.

I don't want to take that potential feeling away from her, if that makes sense? I was old enough to take care of them myself and had been begging my mom for weeks to get it done.

With how difficult I found it (personally) to care for an infant, I definitely would not want to add to my workload caring for pierced ears. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->