My ears were pierced when I was a baby. I don't have any bad feelings towards my parents for doing it. I certainly don't remember the pain and I do like having my ears pierced. I would never look down on parents that chose to pierce their baby's ears. That being said if I was to have a daughter one day I wouldn't pierce her ears for the same reason I don't believe in circumcision. I would never put my baby through any unnecessary or cosmetic pain.

Personally I won't be getting Marnie's done until she's old enough to ask for it as I'd hate to make her cry and it's just another thing on the list of things to "worry about " with regards to infection etc. But i'm not against it as such

I wouldnt say I am pro piercing. I think such a description is nonsense :wacko: I wouldnt have my childrens tongue or belly button pierced but I did have their ears pierced, I dont need to explain myself to anyone, I chose it and I did it and thats my business. I dont judge people who circumsise their children, I dont judge people who opt for a different way of parenting. But thats just me, I know there are people out there who think I am a bad mum, hey ho.

The girls were 9 months, I had mine done at 3 months, my older sister had hers done at a young age too. In fact every girl in my family has their ears pierced.

I hate piercing on babies in all honesty. But I don't have any piercings myself and don't like the look of them in general.

i have nothing against it. there is no reason for it except for cosmetic purposes :shrug:

it did make me laugh when my SIL got her daughters ears pierced (sent her with someone else because she knew she'd cry) yet stopped the nurse after her first jab (of 3) and didn't get the rest done because LO cried.. looking pretty, or health? hmmm!

I've said it before and I will say it again... why in hell would anyone want to teach their child that vanity is a good thing? Why cause physical pain just to make your child look prettier? I fail to see the point of piercing anything on a baby... it really makes me feel sick to my stomach....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->