6ft long item in a new ford focus

Pearls18

Reaction score
Very specific question!

Has anybody managed to get something (an ikea unit) that is 6ft long in a ford focus?!

no but i have in an old school vw polo..

i fed it through the boot & it rested on the front dash board (i took the head rests out). and used the seatbelts to stop it sliding onto me. and a bit of rope to hold the boot shut as much as possible with a hi vis jacket tied to it.

that probably really doesnt help! xx

It gives me hope! Do you think you could have got someone else in the car?

If you can get one in a polo then you can get one in a focus! I've gotten some 5/6ft boxes in my s40 with OH driving and me in the back. It took a little bit to get it in and secure but it wasn't too much trouble :thumbup:

Thanks ladies, I need to buy one of the expedit units for Ds2's nursery, the one that is only single but tall with 5 boxes but refuse to pay nearly the same amount in postage as to what the unit is worth!! I've got a feeling DH is going to say it won't fit so need to boost him with confidence lol.

yeah i had my sister siting behind me. do you know anyone with a van who could help you? xx

Only my dad but he lives 150 miles away and despite a lot of hinting he isn't offering so think we need to have a stab ourselves, it's only the one thing we want :/

We got our Ikea cupboards into our 2004 ford focus estate. Think it was a dodgy ride home lol but we did it, they're over 6ft high. They're same height as our standard doors in our house, think that's 6ft6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->