6w scan showed yolk sac only

Kittique

Reaction score
Had an early scan yesterday due to previous mc and only saw a sac that apparently measured 5+6w and a tiny, barely visible yolk sac.. :( I know this can happen but still worried. They offered a re scan in 2 weeks time. I can't wait two weeks so have booked a private scan next week.

What should have changed in that week? I am assuming I should be at least able to see fetal pole and a heart beat by then!? 7 weeks... I'm thinking if nothing has changed by then I know the outcome :(

Anyone seen just sac and yolk - did anyone get a scan a week later and what did you see then?

TY

Hi, at 6w3d I had an empty gestational sac. 5 days later, I had a yolk sac and beating fetal pole. Good luck!

With Sophie at 6+3 there was a sac measuring 6+0 and a yolk. I went back a week later and there she was, a healthy fetal pole with heartbeat and measured 7+0.

I'm 5 weeks 4 days today and I had an ultrasound this morning, and only saw a sac and yolk. My doctor said the baby usually wont be visible until about 6 & 1/2 weeks to 7 weeks. I'm rescheduled for another ultrasound in 2 weeks. I would really try to not stress. Because as soon as the baby is there, the babys heart will start beating and the earliest that can happen is 6 weeks. And some women have to wait even a few more weeks until they can hear it. Everyone is different on how fast their pregnancy develops. The worst thing you can do is stress. Goodluck & I wish the best for you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->