6w2d and started bleeding

aPharmD

Reaction score
Went to the bathroom and wiped to find watered down red blood. Came to ER where they said they could perform a scan. Now they are saying the US staff is gone and they most likely cannot! So upset and terrified

Bleeding in pregnancy is always a worrysome time, but around half the time pregnancies with bleeding are successful.
My first pregnancy was uneventful but I have had bleeding every pregnancy since. My second pregnancy I got to 14 weeks before having fairly heavy bleeding and it was on a Friday evening as well with no chance of an ultrasound before the Monday. All was well and it turned out I had an undiagnosed subchorionic hematoma that had started to bleed. Apparently the most common reason for bleeding in pregnancy and its rare for a hematoma to be located in a spot to cause miscarriage.
Next pregnancy sadly the bleeding wasnt as innocuous. This time I've been getting breakthrough bleeding when my period would have been due.
It doesn't get easier but hopefully you can find some reassurance to get you through the weekend that there's a good chance the baby is fine. :hugs:

The doctor called the ultrasound tech in. I felt horrible Bc I know what it's like in the health care field to be called in as I am myself. She was so sweet and made me laugh the whole time. Anyways, she showed me the heartbeat and I was measuring right on track at 6w2d and a heart rate of 128! Praying this baby sticks as I lost my last (and first) pregnancy!

hooray! Did they identify a bleeding cause? But the good news is seeing a heartbeat after bleeding is great sign.

Wow that's scary! Good news about the heartbeat but I wish you the best!

Great news! Remember to take it easy for the next few days. It's such a worrying thing isn't it, I worried during my last pregnancy and I had no bleeding, had a bleed this week and worrying constantly now not sure what I will be like by nine months lol!

Thanks ladies! I'm still so worried but it was a huge relief for now. I have my first scan with my doctor Thursday so hopefully everything will be okay then! Glad I don't have to wait several more weeks! Bleeding has completely stopped for now and hope it stays that way!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->