7 day old not pooped since day 3...

Claire788

Mum to Gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
Hi girls, anyone had a BF baby that doesn't poop? She went about 6times in first few days, all meconium.. Since then nothing! Had a gp appt yesterday and he wasn't concerned.. Basically that BM has no waste and not to worry. Will see gp again tomorrow on his advice.

Did anyone else have a baby who didn't poo for ages? I know gp assured me, but interested to see if it's normal?!

Yes my lo! My first had a dirty nappy after every feed, but this one had 5 in first 2 days, then nothing until day 7. It was another 6 days for the next one. None of my midwives were worried, but the HV was pretty horrified, lol.

Not sure if its normal or not, but I wish she would poo a bit more, she is so unsettled all night.

Yep, pretty normal for EB babies. My oldest once went two weeks without a dirty nappy. That's on the extreme end, but a week is pretty common.
My 4 month old went once a week up until about a week ago and now goes 3 or 4 times a day! I think I prefer the weekly deposits.

My 3.5 week old was the same. Pooped non stop for first 5 days then went 3 days without, I was concerned but read it was normal. On day 4 of no poop I cycled her legs and rubbed her tummy and she did a huge poop (not sure if it helped or not).
My LO now seems to go every 2-3 days and when she does its massive.
As long as yellow then not much to worry about

Phew. Thanks girls, she did go (boy did she go!) the next day, but I know not to get so worked up about it now!! Thanks :):)

My LO was the same...I was worried and asked my mom about it. She said it was normal and that my siblings who ebf went a week or 2 without any bm, and when they actually went it was actually a poop explosion. The exact thing happened with my DD, no poop for days/up to a week then poop explosion!

Agree with all the pp's. For BF babies, it's absolutely normal for them to go a few days without making boom booms. My midwife told me this the day after I got home (at that point he would be doing up to 7 poopies in a day), then they tapered off to one, maybe two per day.
A couple of days ago he almost went 48 hours without pooping and even though I knew it was normal, I still freaked out and asked the BnB ladies, haha.

We are still once a week here, so only had 3 bf poos. Its crazy when I think my son was after every feed. Prefer little and often, the last poosplosion went all down the legs of her sleepsuit. Good job I haven't bought her any new clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->