7 DPO not TTC, but...

raehi

Reaction score
Okay, this is my first time looking into these things so I'm not too knowledgeable. I'm 25, my husband is 24 and we have successfully stayed clear of the fertile days on the period app I have on my phone for the past year.

Well we did "it" on the evening of May 1st, which I thought was 2 days before my fertile time started, turns out it was 2 days into my fertile time. It was about 3.5 days before I ovulated.

Ever since my ovulation the morning of May 5 I've been cramping almost non-stop, it feels just like period cramps. Starting yesterday my breast have been sore, I'm normally a stomach sleeper, but I've have to sleep on my side.

Is it really possible for the sperm to live for almost 4 days? It just seems like a long time to me.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated. When should I test?

Sperm have been known to survive up to 5 days, but realistically I've read it's 3-4 days. So it's possible that you have conceived. If you want to test before your missed period, there are sensitive tests that can detect up to 6 days before a missed period. Otherwise you can just wait until a missed period. GL :)

Yes it is totally possible for sperm to last that long. You are basically fertile from the day you end your period and almost until you get your next period. Anything can happen based on how long sperm lives, how long the egg lives, and the fact that it is actually possible to ovulate more than once in a cycle (although rare.).

If you O'd when your app says and it was 4/29, you should be able to test now.

Agree with Disneymom.

Not so sure about being fertile from the day your period ends almost until your next period. I think most would disagree with that statement.

Agree with Disneymom.

Not so sure about being fertile from the day your period ends almost until your next period. I think most would disagree with that statement.

My wording was wrong. I mean that there is larger window of time that she could potentially be fertile. Based on her post, she seems to think that DTD 2 days prior to her "fertile window" is safe. Or at least that's how it read to me. The fertile window can happen as soon as your period ends or much later in the cycle, as we all know.

If she does not want to be pregnant, it's important to know this stuff.

Agree with Disneymom.

My wording was wrong. I mean that there is larger window of time that she could potentially be fertile. Based on her post, she seems to think that DTD 2 days prior to her "fertile window" is safe. Or at least that's how it read to me. The fertile window can happen as soon as your period ends or much later in the cycle, as we all know.

If she does not want to be pregnant, it's important to know this stuff.

Absolutely, my apologies lovebabyhopes I took your comment up literally.

I believe those app's the poster mentions are based on a 28 day cycle where ovulation occurs on cd14 but that isn't a correct assessment for the majority of ladies so it can be dangerous judging fertile days from an app if the poster is trying to avoid pregnancy.

Best of luck to you x

^ No problem! Admittedly my wording was confusing.

OP- I am unsure of whether you want or don't want pregnancy but if you do not want it, I suggest using OPKs for a couple of cycles to at least get an idea of whether you O regularly at/ near the 14 day mark or if you are completely off. It will help either way.

Try this: https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/pregnancy_test_calculator.php

Good luck!

My son was conceived from dtd a few days before ovulation so yes! It is very possible. Good luck hun :thumbup:

However, we've been using the pull out method as prevention for years and for us it's very successful. If he didn't cum inside you then that lowers your chances of pregnancy quite a bit, though it's still not impossible for you to get pregnant that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->